Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

Tatsunoko VS Capcom Giant Bomb Tournament 1 (subscription thread)

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

Subscription

In order to subscribe to the first Giant Bomb Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Star  tournament just post a comment saying that you'll be joining the fight in this thread.  You can subscribe up to Sunday evening February 14th. The tournament will start directly after that. Be sure to add your fighter data in the TvsC Giantbomb Community ID list so that the other players will be able to match-up with you with ease.

Tournament Organisation

• During the first week (depending on the number of players this period might be longer) of the tournament all the players will be matched up against each other in a best out of 3 rounds fight (first to win 2 rounds wins the fight). In this first week the players should be able organize themselves when is the best time for them to fight each other.
    • After this week the 4 players with the highest win rate in the first part of the tournament will progress to a standard tournament semi-final structure in a best out of 5 rounds fight (first to win 3 rounds wins the fight). These four  players will be matched up at random.
    • The final match will be a best out of 7 rounds fight  (first to win 4 rounds wins the fight).

Other

• I'll try and set up some dates during the first week so that it will be easier to do a lot of fights at once. 
    • If ever a player drops out during the tournament the fights he/she has done will be kept out of the win rate calculation of the other players.
    • The overall winner gets to keep Drew at his/her place for one week. Drew is great in housekeeping and gives a terrific back-rub.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rallier

I'll be joining the tournament myself however since most of you are from the US I'll give the victory to my opponent in every game that has a considerable amount of lag.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I hope there are enough TvC players here on Giant Bomb for this thing.  Anyways, good luck.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rallier
    @JJOR64: at worst we'll be able to start the second part of the tournament form the get go ^^
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

I guess I'll put my name in.  Every tournament needs its punching bag.

trueSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By trueSpark

Looks good, count me in! I'm gonna have to get good at this game really fast...

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rallier

badabumping this 

(this is what a community page would be handy for people)

trueSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By trueSpark

So hey, are matches still starting this week? I'm down for whatever, playing against even a couple people would be fun.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rallier
    @trueSpark said:

" So hey, are matches still starting this week? I'm down for whatever, playing against even a couple people would be fun. "

We are only 4 but we can still do this. 

@JJOR64:@Hailinel:
    Would you guys be up for instead of starting with regular semi finals directly doing a first point based round by having everyone fighting every one once (in a best out of 5 fight) and after those fight put the two players in the the final to fight for place 1 and 2 and the two" worst "players in fight for the 3rd and 4th place. This way we can still get 4 fights a person out of this. 

So that would make:

(Best out of 5 match)
    VSRallierTrue Spark
    HailinelJJorg64
    Total wins:
    Total losses:
     RallierX

Truespark
    X  

Hailinel   X 

JJORG64    X

---------------------------------

2 players with the less wins
    ? VS ? (best out of 7 match)
    Winner gets 3rd final place, loser 4th.

2 players with the most wins
    ? VS ? (best out of 7 match)
    Winnger gets 1st place, loser 2nd.

EDIT: Looks like we are only 3 in this^^ Can't really do a tournament with only 3 people unfortunately. Guess that it would be better just to drop this for now, continue just playing of the friend list and try to set something else up in a couple of weeks.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJOR64
    @Rallier:  Just so you know, I'm not in this tourney.  I don't even own the game yet.  And my username is JJOR64.   :P
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rallier
    @JJOR64: Argh i really should wake up first before logging on to giant bomb.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJOR64
    @Rallier:  :P            I really want to get the game, but I don't have enough money for a stick and the game at the moment.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By demontium
    @Rallier: Count me in

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.