A Heavy "Heavy Update"

#1 Edited by xruntime (1920 posts) -

On teamfortress.com:

We've been a little quiet for the last week as we've put the finishing touches on the Heavy update. We thought the Pyro pack was the biggest we'd be doing for a while, due to the large changes to the Pyro, but the Heavy update has turned out to be even bigger. In addition to the three unlockable weapons and thirty-five achievements for the Heavy, we've got a new game mode with five new arenas for it, a new Payload map focusing on more open spaces than Goldrush, and another popular community-made map. Throughout the rest of the week we'll be giving you the details on all this, and if all goes well, you'll have your hands on it shortly afterwards.

The community-made map included in the Heavy update is cp_steel, by Jamie 'Fishbus' Manson. After the Pyro update we received a lot of email telling us how wrong we were in our choices, and cp_steel was an easy next choice due to the way it dominated the suggestions. If you're firing up your email right now to tell us that we never get anything right, please include suggestions of what map(s) we should be looking at next.

We'll be updating A Heavy Update site with more info daily. Stay tuned!

#2 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

Awesome the heavy is my favorite class besides the spy 

#3 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

Sweet, been waiting for this one.

#4 Posted by DrVanNostren (154 posts) -

Yeah should be cool.

#5 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

I am stoked for this. By five new arenas, I assume they mean maps. So much new stuff! Can't wait.

#6 Posted by pause422 (6216 posts) -

Valve are so fucking awesome..can't wait to get my new PC in a couple months so I can actually use steam again( this pc permanently killed it :( )

#7 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

Woot! Go Valve!

#8 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Ooo, can't wait for this update!

#9 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

COOL STORY BRO

#10 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Looking forward to it. Cp_Steel seems like a cool idea.

#11 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -
DanCarmichael said:
"Looking forward to it. Cp_Steel seems like a cool idea."
I'm trying to understand why you said that.
#12 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

It's in the link:

http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/

Yesterday they revealed cp_steel, today is something new...

#13 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

I know, but cp_steel has been out for a long time. It's not a new map, not Valve's idea and not a new concept to include user created content in updates.

#14 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Oh, I see....well to be honest, I've heard of cp_steel but never actually played on the map. The server I go on just doesn't have that map.

#15 Posted by jtickner1 (116 posts) -

Patch should be good. No doubt a lot of people will suddenly be using heavies to get the achievements.

#16 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -
Demilich said:
"I know, but cp_steel has been out for a long time. It's not a new map, not Valve's idea and not a new concept to include user created content in updates."
Ah I see. I must have missed that. I though Steel was the new map put out by valve.

Yeah I agree adding user generated content isn't valve's concept. Never actually played or seen steel.
#17 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -
DanCarmichael said:
"Demilich said:
"I know, but cp_steel has been out for a long time. It's not a new map, not Valve's idea and not a new concept to include user created content in updates."
Ah I see. I must have missed that. I though Steel was the new map put out by valve.

Yeah I agree adding user generated content isn't valve's concept. Never actually played or seen steel."
Valve will occasionally take user maps and make them official. Same thing happened with ctf_Turbine, and Cp_Fastlane.
#18 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Yeah I'm aware they did that. Not a big fan of either map to be honest.

Id just never seen or come across steel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.