Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Class Updates - Post your fictional updates :D!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

Well with the Medic, Pyro and now the Heavy having recieved their updates and a friend and i had a really long discussion about what we would love to see the other classes have included in their update if we had a chance to have a hand in creating their updates. So here is what we came up with during our long discussion and i hope you all have some fun reading through it, i realise not all of these proposed updates would be balanced and such like but its all pure fictional as i'm sure you are all aware. So enjoy!

Scout

• "Bomb Bat" - Adds a grenade that resembles a baseball. Players have to keep their finger pressed on the default attack button to charge up their swing, the longer they press the further the grenade will travel. It would explode on impact and do around the same damage as a Soldier's rocket or perhaps a Demoman's pipebomb. Grants the Scout some more versatility within the team as they could now deal some good damage without having to get dangerously close with their scattergun. Only 3 balls can be carried at once and once the Scout runs out the bat returns to being a melee weapon until they pick up ammo again.
    • "Twins" - Basically add another pistol to the Scout so he can dual wield them and add a little extra punch for when his main weapon runs out of ammo. Often i barely see Scouts using the pistol ingame however i really like to use it on large open space maps. And since no other class dual wields i think the Scout would be a perfect choice to do so, speed + dual pistols = cool!
    • "Slug Thrower" - Replaces the buckshot style scattergun with a double barrel shotgun that fires heavy metal slugs or bullets. Can only have two loaded at any one time and they can be fired seperately but deal more damage and are more accurate at longer range however the gun takes slightly more time to reload than the scattergun. Meaning the player needs to pick and choose their targets more instead of the random spray n pray style of the scattergun.

Soldier
    • "Badda Badda Badda" - The rocket launcher is replaced with a gun resembling the Browning Automatic Rifle (search Wikipedia) which deals more damage than a Sniper SMG but fires slower and is a little less accurate at longer ranges. Essentially a weapon designed for the soldier to rush at enemies and suffer no consequences for shooting enemies at close or long range unlike the Rocket Launcher.
    • "Judo CHOP!" - After much training and experience in battle the Soldier has perfected the ultimate hand to hand attack, the terrifying judo chop. This replaces the shovel as the Soldier's default weapon and does the same damage as the shovel to every enemy other than the soldier which it deals double damage too. Its speed is roughly the same as the shovel aswell.
    • "Betsy" - The Soldier takes out his favourite shotgun, Betsy, a modified shotgun that fire more "buckshot" allowing him a greater chance at hitting his targets. But she holds only 4 rounds instead of 6 meaning he has to reload more often. Other than this its exactly like a regular shotgun.

Demoman
    • "Bombs Away!" - Changes the pipebomb weapon to fire multiple pipebombs at once instead of individually. Players would have to keep the primary fire button pressed to load all 4 pipebombs into the chamber before they can fire them at once. Other than this no difference to the damage or range etc of the pipebomb gun.
    • "KABOOM!" - Allows the sticky bomb gun to attach unremovable sticky bombs to enemy players aswell as the other surfaces sticky bombs can be attached too. Players no longer need to attach them to the ground and detonate as they run from an enemy, they can now attach sticky bombs to the enemy chasing them and watch them go KABOOM!...
    • "Haggis!" - Replaces the bottle with a haggis that the Demoman proceeds to beat his enemies to death with. Scottish heritage at its best.
    • "Smokey and the Bandit!" - The Demoman recieves a new ability for his default pipebomb gun, smoke grenades that can be used for cover against snipers or ubered enemies. Can only carry 2 of these special pipebombs at any one time. Red and Blue smoke according to whichever team the Demoman is a member of.

Spy
    • "Golden Gun" - Replaces the revolver with the Golden Gun from the N64 game "Goldeneye". Basically a 3 round magazine where each shot fired is a guaranteed critical hit, however equipping the gun instantly removes any cloak or disguise the Spy is using. This atleast makes the fact they have 3 guaranteed critical hits a little fairer as enemy players will have the chance to get a few shots in at them before they are possibly killed.
    • "Don't Tase Me Bro!" - Changes the butterfly knife for a handhel taser which the Spy can use to electrocute the enemy and deal a large amount of damage without dropping his disguise. However the downside to this is that the taser uses up the Spy's cloak meaning should his identity be compromised he cannot cloak and escape. A weapon designed for the most cunning and death defying Spy on a team!
    • "Mine all Mine!" - Swaps the sapper for a proximity mine that the Spy can place anywhere and it detonates when an enemy goes within its proximity causing a large explosion that not only damages anyone nearby but also disorientates them for a few brief seconds. The Spy can only carry 4 of these and can only ever place 2 of them at any one time.

Engineer
    • "Spanner in the Works" - Replaces the engineer wrench with a spanner that builds items 10% quicker but at the cost of 20% more metal. While also dealing less damage to other enemies apart from the Spy who recieves the default damage a wrench would deliver.
    • "Yippie Ki Yay!" - The shotgun is swapped for a modified thompson submachine gun with a 30 round clip and has decent range and accuracy. However its prone to overheating if fired constantly so its advised that engineers fire in bursts. Ultimately a more offensive weapon than the shotgun but deals around the same damage as the Sniper's SMG and cannot be fired constantly without it overheating and being unusable for a brief amount of time till it cools down.
    • "Steam Works!" - Swaps the pistol for a small steam producing device that can help locate cloaked spies by outlining them while they are cloaked. Requires metal to use and deals no damage at all, purely designed to try and locate a cloaked Spy when no Pyro is around to help.
    • All engineer buildings are left as they were, making changes to them seems pointless as they are rather well balanced at the present moment. And considering the updated wrench/spanner weapon it would be unfair to provide a 10% building speed increase aswell as buffs to the buildings themselves.

Sniper

• "Thats not a knife..." - Replaces the machete with a spork, the ultimate and most dangerous weapon known to man and the Sniper will dice you with it quicker than you can say "Crikey mate!"...

Thats really as far as we got....we fell asleep before we could think of more things for the Sniper. And honestly thinking about it now i can't really see any decent updates for the Sniper at the moment...possibly because i'm not too keen on the class.
    Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Worm

If there shall be two updates for each class I guess this could be useful:

Medic:
    -Der Spy-On- Replaces the Medigun, loades uber 25% faster than the regular medigun, and upon activation both medic and target become cloaked for 8 seconds, unlike the spy, if they bump onto somone or get hurt, their silhouette is not shown.
    *Does not grant invincibillity*
    -SchnitzelMacht- Replaces the needle gun, By holding the mouse button the SchnitzelMacht shot is powering up, and upon releasing it fires a slow needle/missle like projectile. the damage varies, if the shot was held for 0-2 seconds the shot's damage is 20, 3-4 means 40, and 5-6 is the maximum which applies 60 points of damage. if the SchnitzelMacht kills the opponant, it blows into a pile of sandviches which varies according to class (Scout=1 sandvich, Soldier=2, Demo=2, Heavy=4 etc.).
    NAM (aka Not A Medicine)- Replaces the Bonesaw, it is a syringe which works similiar to the the knife with a twist- If you hit the front of an enemy you damage him with 10 points of damage, but if you stab him for the back you damage him with a critical hit and a side affect of poisoning, which is much like burning only that water won't heal the target, only another medic, dispenser, and or medkit.

Mardarkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mardarkin

Some nice ideas there, Hamz.  I would have a lot of fun batting grenades with a Scout, o yah.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joker

Heavy can now eat a chicken leg instead of a sandwich. Or maybe for cannolli lovers out there, eats a canolli instead of a sandwich or said chicken leg.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By adam_grif

The Spy sapper should be replaced with a "kick me" sticky note, that you apply to enemy players instead of enemy buildings. When an enemy has it on them, they will be subject to friendly fire damage, meaning the spy has a legitimate defense against pyro's abusing the spy check (where they flame every person who walks past, if they catch on fire they are a spy.... now it could well be an ally).

The sticky note can be removed by a medic or by going to a dispenser of some kind

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By skywing
    Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

I like adam grif's idea, although the OP's were a little too... name focused, but maybe that's what Valve is after, I dunno.

Here are my ideas for the Spy, I'll add more when I think of them:

Straight Razor (replaces butterfly knife) - a knife for a more "in your face" approach to shanking
    • Increased damage
    • No backstab
    • Increased hp?
    Hacker (replaces Sapper) - a higher risk version of the Sapper, but with greater rewards
    • Changes alligiance of engineer buildings
    • Longer timer till effect
    • Does not disable engineer buildings
    Poison Hand-crossbow/Pistol (replaces revolver) - a team-oriented weapon choice
    • Lower damage
    • Decreases percentage of healing from any source (medic/sandvich/powerups/etc.)

Ideas I like from above posters (with additions/changes):

Hamz
    "Judo CHOP" - A fun idea, but maybe it could have a combo stacking system, where every successive hit increases each hit's damage
    "Kaboom" - I would change the name to something else, also methinks damage should go way down for this powerful ability
    "Smokey and the Bandit" - again, a different name, but methinks it'd be a good alt-fire option for a non-critical-ble grenade launcher
    "Don't tase me Bro" - Okay, let's just assume I think Valve has more class than your choice in names, but otherwise, a very interesting idea.
    "Steam Works" - I think this is a fine idea, even without eating up metal (I mean, if you're a entrenched engy, you'll have tons)

adam grif
    Good idea, but kind of OP, I'd like to see what sort of trade off this would have (its a lot harder to kill a spy that's just "kick me" stickied every ally of yours around him, without killing them too, that is)
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dsplayer1010
    Froed said:
    Hacker (replaces Sapper) - a higher risk version of the Sapper, but with greater rewards
    • Changes alligiance of engineer buildings
    • Longer timer till effect
    • Does not disable engineer buildings
    This

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.