Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Giant Bomb Official Duder vs Machine - Now Live!

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Special thanks to roughneck117, Fox, 5bucks, and yoshimitz707 for helping me fund the server.

IP: 208.122.48.152:27015

The server is now live!

Due to the horrendous popularity of MvM at this moment, the server is likely to be pretty busy at all times right now. In the next few days we'll be trying to figure out a better way to get Giant Bomb members into the server more quickly. For now, your best bet is to join the Steam group and gather a few people to hop in. I'll be spreading admin rights around so that we can password the server when need be.

Valve released no documentation whatsoever to server admins when they launched this half-assed mod (it's literally no more than a few custom configs), so this will be a learning process. I got the basics set up tonight, but it's going to be experimental for now.

Input is always welcome.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By fattony12000

I'm coming.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

Yay!

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By 1nfinitum
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@1nfinitum said:

Already had a server up here, :

http://www.giantbomb.com/team-fortress-2/61-18162/i-noticed-some-people-were-having-trouble-playing-mvm/35-557383/#22

Also paying a fraction of the cost.. It's more than stable afaik, you should look into a VPS for this game instead.

Nah, VPS presents all manner of problems I'm not interested in dealing with. For stuff like Mumble it's fine, but I'd rather pay extra to get a proper game server up with an admin panel over doing all the work myself. $80 for the rest of the year isn't enough to fuss about really.

Cool to have another server though. I'll hop in some time.

Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Fox

What kind of insane difficulty is the server on right now? It's really hard to get past 3 or 4 waves at the moment...

Or is there any way to change that via a vote or something like that?

Avatar image for whitebrightknight
    WhiteBrightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WhiteBrightKnight

@Fox: each map has 3 different preset sets of waves, so you were probably on one of the hard or "advanced" ones. I believe you can make a vote to change the map, but most people I've played with prefer the difficult ones (I just got off the server after beating the two hardest missions on their respective maps, everyone wanted to try them).

Thanks again for the server, had fun with the duders I was playing with. In-game I was "Superfluous" if you guys are looking and wondering.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@WhiteBrightKnight said:

Thanks again for the server, had fun with the duders I was playing with. In-game I was "Superfluous" if you guys are looking and wondering.

Oh, hey, I played some with you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.