Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Help with crafting

skyboost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skyboost

Hey im new to the PC version of TF2 and I have a question about crafting.

So I have a bunch of weapons that I unlocked by getting achievements. If I combine these weapons to create something new, is there any way to get these weapons back without buying it from the store?

Oh and what are tokens for?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    skyboost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By skyboost

@The_Laughing_Man: Thanks! Yeah I looked at that wiki page already, it's not very newb friendly though haha. Still not sure about the tokens, is it just an alternate way to craft weapons without making metal?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@skyboost said:

@The_Laughing_Man: Thanks! Yeah I looked at that wiki page already, it's not very newb friendly though haha. Still not sure about the tokens, is it just an alternate way to craft weapons without making metal?

The whole crafting system is pretty newb unfriendly, IMO. There are some weapons that you can craft by combining other weapons in different combinations.

My advice would be to stay away from trying to craft anything and just play a bunch. With the random drop system, eventually you'll end up with the item you're looking for. If you have duplicates of some items, craft those into metal and use the metal to trade for the items you want.

Cheers!

skyboost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By skyboost

@Ravenlight: Okay cool, I didnt know you could end up with duplicates of some items. That's good to know.

noibn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By noibn

Also, don't craft the weapons you got via achievements. Since those weapons are untradeable, the metal you'd get by crafting them would also be untradeable, and crafting anything with that metal would make the resulting item untradeable, etc... and basically, that's not particularly desirable. I suggest just keeping those achievement weapons and only craft duplicate items you receive from drops.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By psylah

What the fuck is even going on in TF2?!

Next thing you'll tell me is that there's a baking system with a USB oven that makes real cookies in exchange for kills in-game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.