I'm going to make you care about competitive TF2..

#1 Edited by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

So I know a lot of you don't know or care much about Team Fortress 2 . In fact that became obvious when the TNT for TF2 came around and people had no clue about the game etc . 

However TF2 is a lot more than just a fun public game or a method of making youtube videos . 

TF2 actually has a quite large and growing competitive community . There are several leagues for different places such as ETF2L where people play 6v6 matches with class limits . 

Its a fairly unique competitive game which relies on good communication and team work to win unlike other games .  

Now the reason I am making this thread is to draw attention to a tournament that has been going on for a few months here is the link to the website .  

Tonight at 21:15 CEST  Complexity will play TCM  

So basically Giantbomb TCM are one of the best teams in Euro TF2 and Complexity are regarded as one of the best in American TF2 . 

WE GOT OUR SELVES A EURO V AMERICAN SHOWDOWN !  

If you want to watch it here is the source TV link . All you have to do if you are unfamiliar with this is copy and paste it into your TF2 console .   

connect relay.toaster.fi:27020  

I hope this thread brought this match to your attention ...if you already know about it feel free to ignore me . 
#2 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

This looks pretty cool. I'll try to check it out.

#3 Posted by iBear (77 posts) -

feh...MNC

#4 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@iBear said:
" feh...MNC "
Then I have failed 
#5 Posted by iBear (77 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @iBear said:
" feh...MNC "
Then I have failed  "
Don't get me wrong though. Woop some serious ass 4 giantbomb/america. Glorious victory is always good.
#6 Posted by Asrahn (552 posts) -

TF2 eats MNC for breakfast.

Pretty pumped for this!

#7 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I have no interest in ever returning to the 'competitive' circles in the world of online gaming. I spent too many years doing that in CSS and suffering for it. 

But I will say this, when you get two competitive teams going head to head in any game then you have a great match to watch. TF2 is all about synergy between classes, it's great watching players adjust their class to the situation. 

I'll have to check this out!

#8 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

OP is a liar. This didn't make me care about competitive TF2 at all.  ;P 

Cool thread though, bro.

#9 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -

coL. is going to roll TCM

#10 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" coL. is going to roll TCM "
ahem no
#11 Posted by Techh (2 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Dipstick said:
ahem no "
If you hate complexity you hate freedom
#12 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -

@turbomonkey138: Sorry, you're probably right. Although I wish coL. had the new lineup for this match

#13 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @turbomonkey138: Sorry, you're probably right. Although I wish coL. had the new lineup for this match "
I think they do 
#14 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@Techh said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" @Dipstick said:
ahem no "
If you hate complexity you hate freedom "
QED.

@turbomonkey138: Did coL win?
#15 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @Techh said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" @Dipstick said:
ahem no "
If you hate complexity you hate freedom "
QED.

@turbomonkey138: Did coL win? "
No they lost here is the match link 
#16 Posted by commandercup (500 posts) -

Meh, I never could really get into TF2 like I got into CS 1.6 and CSS... I remember scrims and pugs and such, epic times. Too bad complexity lost, I remember watching their CS matches.

#17 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
 Its a fairly unique competitive game which relies on good communication and team work to win unlike other games .    
Uh, I'm pretty sure all good FPS fulfill that criteria, not just TF2.
#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

you're taking that silly cartoony game too seriously.. its a silly cartoony game with funny characters and grenade launchers shooting colorful capsules 

it looks hella fun but i cant enjoy it for the life of me

#19 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Are there any TF2 competative streams knocking about. I'd watch the hell out of that. I've never seen really competative TF2 before.

#20 Edited by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
  @Lebensbaum said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure all good FPS fulfill that criteria, not just TF2. "

Not true . If your an amazing Counter strike player you can pretty much kill all the other team with ease . You can't win TF2 solo therefore teamwork is essential . But your right other games do require levels of communication and teamwork . 
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" you're taking that silly cartoony game too seriously.. its a silly cartoony game with funny characters and grenade launchers shooting colorful capsules   it looks hella fun but i cant enjoy it for the life of me "

If we are taking it too seriously then why is valve actively backing competitive TF2 ? 

" Are there any TF2 competative streams knocking about. I'd watch the hell out of that. I've never seen really competative TF2 before. "

well tomorrow mate there is i40 lan final :)  here is he link to the stream   

Also if you wanna watch some right now here is this great American TF2 site called TGBF here is the link for that . They have pre-recorded matches and live ones :) 

If you have any questions I have dedicated a stupid a lot of my life to competitive TF2 so ask away :) 
#21 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Wait.. people didn't know what TF2 was? I didn't know that was possible.

#22 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

Competitive Halo is where it's @.

#23 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@lemon360 said:
" Competitive Halo is where it's @. "
:<
#24 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

MAKE ME CARE HARDER!!!!! Just kidding. As soon as I get a better rig I'll definitely play me some TF2. I loved playing it on xbox but the whole part where people don't actually play it bothered me. 

#25 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" MAKE ME CARE HARDER!!!!! Just kidding. As soon as I get a better rig I'll definitely play me some TF2. I loved playing it on xbox but the whole part where people don't actually play it bothered me.  "
Woa dude you played it on the xbox ? It is like a separate game now haha 
#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: Oh I realize that lol. All the updates that TF2 gets on the PC side. Ya can't wait to play me some.
#27 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@turbomonkey138:  Thanks!

When I get my new computer sorted I'll be playing a lot of TF2. I'll play on some of the servers you're on. Should have my PC done by the end of next week. Probably friday.
#28 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @turbomonkey138:  Thanks!  When I get my new computer sorted I'll be playing a lot of TF2. I'll play on some of the servers you're on. Should have my PC done by the end of next week. Probably friday. "
The tf2 final is in a few mins btw 
#29 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: I'm a bit lost o.O Where's the stream for that?
#30 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Complexity plays TF2? 0_o

#31 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Lone_f said:
" @turbomonkey138: I'm a bit lost o.O Where's the stream for that? "
Its starts at 6 gmt on this stream . At the moment it is the COD4 final . Here is the link 
#32 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: Thanks :) 
It seems that there's gonna be some StarCraft action later on, that's awesome. Been watching the tournament in MLG Pro Circuit in Raleigh last night, and a bunch of casts today. That game is fun to spectate, hope TF2 is as good :)
#33 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: Oooh.

Thanks. I'll watch this. You're going to have to be my TF2 info man! I couldn't figure out those sites very well.
#34 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -

Oh wow, Epsilon has a fellow Lithuanian member, Extremer. 
Nevertheless, I can hardly tell what's going on o.O

#35 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Lone_f said:
" Oh wow, Epsilon has a fellow Lithuanian member, Extremer. Nevertheless, I can hardly tell what's going on o.O "
the best game ive seen all year so far . So close :D 
#36 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

YES! I watched it at lan, and Darn is one crazy bastard. Great game in all i recommend anyone who hasnt watched a competitive TF2 match before to watch the on demand video when it goes up!

#37 Posted by MementoMori (189 posts) -

incredible ending

#38 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" Are there any TF2 competative streams knocking about. I'd watch the hell out of that. I've never seen really competative TF2 before. "
@Hamz said:
" I have no interest in ever returning to the 'competitive' circles in the world of online gaming. I spent too many years doing that in CSS and suffering for it.  But I will say this, when you get two competitive teams going head to head in any game then you have a great match to watch. TF2 is all about synergy between classes, it's great watching players adjust their class to the situation.  I'll have to check this out! "
@Asrahn said:
" TF2 eats MNC for breakfast.  Pretty pumped for this! "
@dbz1995 said:
" This looks pretty cool. I'll try to check it out. "
Okay in case you didn't see the stream for the i40 TF2 final here is the recorded video  

one of the best games i've seen in a long while 
#39 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Did I succeed ? 

#40 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: no
#41 Posted by azrailx (345 posts) -
@lemon360: good joke 
#42 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @turbomonkey138: no "
D:
#43 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Im not stopping 

#44 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" I have no interest in ever returning to the 'competitive' circles in the world of online gaming. I spent too many years doing that in CSS and suffering for it. "
#45 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.