Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Is this game dead on 360?

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

I bought this for $20, completely exctied. I get onto it, and it's a struggle to find a game, I can't even find a ranked matched. Does it have to do with my gamer zone? I'm currently in Underground.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

It doesn't have anything to do with your gamer zone. That shows goes on your profile for show.
     When I did have The Orange Box there really weren't that many games going on then. I can't imagine what it would be like now.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By ToxicFruit

sadly steam has not giving 360 as much love as the pc one. I don't play it on 360 so my advice would be to go buy the pc one. It s pretty cheap

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Griddler

PS3 version is pretty busy so I would've thought 360 would've been fine.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By EvilTwin
    @girdz said:
    " PS3 version is pretty busy so I would've thought 360 would've been fine. "
    The last time I played the 360 version it was fine.  Nobody plays ranked matches, though, so that might be your problem. 
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

Yea, like others say no ranked matches, I'll also add refresh a bunch of times.  It is sad how Valve has ignored the 360 version, I haven't bothered with it for a while now.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Babble

You're best bet is to try during peak hours.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @pissedoffthewitch: Don't even bother looking for Ranked games. People just play player matches to play with friends. But yeah, there's usually a few games going on.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Gamerzone means nothing.

@Toxic: It's Valve who makes it.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Whenever I've tried to play TF2 on 360, I didn't have too many problems.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zombie2011
    @pissedoffthewitch: Play Player matches thats were all the games are.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    @Diamond said:
    " Yea, like others say no ranked matches, I'll also add refresh a bunch of times.  It is sad how Valve has ignored the 360 version, I haven't bothered with it for a while now. "
    I would say that Valve has IGNORED the 360 version.  Microsoft just won't let them put all the updates on there for free, so they've been stuck in limbo on that for a long time.  It does suck, however. 

Also...like everyone else said...player matches.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By flaminghobo

When the Orange Box, first arrived on the 360, there were many people playing it. Now, you'll be lucky to find the ocassional ghost account.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Karmum
    @Diamond said:
    " Yea, like others say no ranked matches, I'll also add refresh a bunch of times.  It is sad how Valve has ignored the 360 version, I haven't bothered with it for a while now. "
    Might have to do with Valve being in limbo with Microsoft. They're trying to find a way to get the updates within size restrictions.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

I hope so. Halo 3 has a better online community.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Ineedaname
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Diamond said:
    I would say that Valve has IGNORED the 360 version.  Microsoft just won't let them put all the updates on there for free, so they've been stuck in limbo on that for a long time.  It does suck, however.  Also...like everyone else said...player matches. "
    Source for that?
    CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CharlieTuna

It's a buggy piece of shit on consoles and people are cheating at all times, that's why I stick to the PC, it takes one dude glitching with the engie to ruin a good game of dustbowl. Too bad cuz I had a lot of fun with it on the 360.

Also, nobody plays ranked due to the fact that when someone drops from a ranked game nobody takes their place. Once a ranked game has started nobody can join, which sucks. Not that ranked play actually gives you anything.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Disengage

Are the goofy ass moon physics gone from the 360 community yet?

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Belonpopo
    @pissedoffthewitch:
    I find games all the time and you play with a lot of the same people like Nullname. Damn you Nullname!!
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@CharlieTuna said:
    "It's a buggy piece of shit on consoles and people are cheating at all times, that's why I stick to the PC, it takes one dude glitching with the engie to ruin a good game of dustbowl. Too bad cuz I had a lot of fun with it on the 360.  Also, nobody plays ranked due to the fact that when someone drops from a ranked game nobody takes their place. Once a ranked game has started nobody can join, which sucks. Not that ranked play actually gives you anything. "

Then cheat back. 

I've been playing on the 360 since day one and it is still fun. I mean yeah, the PC version is OK. It just isn't the same though. Sure, we don't have all the updates, but who cares? The game is still great. It really has almost developed its own culture at this point, completely seperate to the PC. All the regulars know the hacks by now, and I've never been in a game where they've actually been effective once identified. The only really problem I've found is that most of the time people don't have mikes, but that seems to be an issue on quite a few PC servers as well. The problem being there is no option to enter text on 360. Either way though, it is still my most played game on 360 and I don't see it being usurped anytime soon.
    Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dauragon

Yeah i have a hard time finding games in that too, though i think TF2 is a game I would much much rather play on the pc anyway.  I don't think it was ported all that well :/

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By big_jon

No support = dead...
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By MjHealy

You certainly find weird stuff on the 360 version of TF2. Take random levels from HL2 for example.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Belonpopo
    @pissedoffthewitch:
    There is no ranked games. You will find games just a matter of are they good or not most people lock classes though.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Belonpopo said:
    " @pissedoffthewitch: There is no ranked games. You will find games just a matter of are they good or not most people lock classes though. "
    ARE. 

I was playing this five minutes ago. There are always plenty of games but they're all player.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Djeffers03

yes, for 360, each time it try and play there are only a couple of virtually empty lobbies which i cannot connect to.

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By toast_burner
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @Toxic said:
    " sadly steam has not giving 360 as much love as the pc one. I don't play it on 360 so my advice would be to go buy the pc one. It s pretty cheap "
    Steam do not make games "

easy mistake. steam and valve are the same company
    monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By monkeyroach
    @toast_burner said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @Toxic said:
    " sadly steam has not giving 360 as much love as the pc one. I don't play it on 360 so my advice would be to go buy the pc one. It s pretty cheap "
    Steam do not make games "
    easy mistake. steam and valve are the same company "
    steam isn't a company either its a digital distribution service for pc thats owned by Valve.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xyzygy

I just played the 360 version last week, had a blast there's lots of people on.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MysteriousBob

I played it today. Far from dead.

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CharlieTuna
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    "Then cheat back.  I've been playing on the 360 since day one and it is still fun. I mean yeah, the PC version is OK. It just isn't the same though. Sure, we don't have all the updates, but who cares? The game is still great. It really has almost developed its own culture at this point, completely seperate to the PC. All the regulars know the hacks by now, and I've never been in a game where they've actually been effective once identified. The only really problem I've found is that most of the time people don't have mikes, but that seems to be an issue on quite a few PC servers as well. The problem being there is no option to enter text on 360. Either way though, it is still my most played game on 360 and I don't see it being usurped anytime soon. "
    I played the game endlessly on the 360, it was one of the best games for meeting random people online (hell I've still got people sending me invites to play, but I'm rarely if ever on) and It was no doubt a lot of fun. Saying that the PC version is just OK is delusional and saying the hacks are not effective is just a god damn lie, you can set up a sentry on dustbowl 2-2 behind a rock wall near the capture point making it uncappable (you can't shot it but it can shoot you). Cheat back? Yeah, that's a lot of fun. I'd rather play the game as it was intended without shitty exploits. The cheating is also WAY too common. Also there is no koth_nucleus or pl_badwater, making the game 1000% less fun. Godly maps.

Best thing about the 360 version though, everyone is garbage at the game compared to PC. No seriously it's like playing against blind people or something. People on consoles crave that auto-aim, they don't get it on TF2 though and people who can deal without end up dominating, which I'll admit is fun.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Druminator

When I used to play I could only get into player matches. I also doubt they will ever update this for 360 even though it's been planned forever...

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kermoosh

nobody plays ranked matches on the xbox, but if you do player match, you'll most likely join a full game or start with two people and grow to 8 or 10 in like 5 minutes

RedRaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RedRaider
    @CharlieTuna said:
    " @LordXavierBritish said:
    "Then cheat back.  I've been playing on the 360 since day one and it is still fun. I mean yeah, the PC version is OK. It just isn't the same though. Sure, we don't have all the updates, but who cares? The game is still great. It really has almost developed its own culture at this point, completely seperate to the PC. All the regulars know the hacks by now, and I've never been in a game where they've actually been effective once identified. The only really problem I've found is that most of the time people don't have mikes, but that seems to be an issue on quite a few PC servers as well. The problem being there is no option to enter text on 360. Either way though, it is still my most played game on 360 and I don't see it being usurped anytime soon. "
    I played the game endlessly on the 360, it was one of the best games for meeting random people online (hell I've still got people sending me invites to play, but I'm rarely if ever on) and It was no doubt a lot of fun. Saying that the PC version is just OK is delusional and saying the hacks are not effective is just a god damn lie, you can set up a sentry on dustbowl 2-2 behind a rock wall near the capture point making it uncappable (you can't shot it but it can shoot you). Cheat back? Yeah, that's a lot of fun. I'd rather play the game as it was intended without shitty exploits. The cheating is also WAY too common. Also there is no koth_nucleus or pl_badwater, making the game 1000% less fun. Godly maps. Best thing about the 360 version though, everyone is garbage at the game compared to PC. No seriously it's like playing against blind people or something. People on consoles crave that auto-aim, they don't get it on TF2 though and people who can deal without end up dominating, which I'll admit is fun. "
    Note the fact that cheating back is all we can do. 

The 360 version hasn't been given any love at all by Valve. (aside from the class limitations and ability to turn crits off on your server)
    When someone figures out one of the map exploits, they pass it on to their friends, who in turn ruin it for everyone. We have to cheat to stop their cheating.

I was once in the scenario that you described about the Dustbowl 2-2 exploit. Luckily, I knew the glitch ( I don't use them unless I'm messing around on  private server with friends.) and was able to get a teleporter up there. I then had a spy go through it and sap all of their buildings. Needless to say, we capped the point shortly after. Problem solved. 

On the point that the PC version is "just OK"

The 360/PS3 is affordable. Most of us can't afford a great or even moderate PC that can decently run tf2. My laptop has trouble running it windowed on the lowest settings. Not saying that I don't enjoy the PC version (it's waaaaay better than the 360 version update-wise), but the console versions are smoother for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.