Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

New to TF2, need help

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

I have a few questions: How do you level up weapons, how do you level up your character, and how do you unlock new weapons? Thanks.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

You don't level up weapons or characters in TF2. Some items state what level they are but as of this moment in time TF2 has no leveling process. I guess Valve are just playing around and adding to the overall comedic / cartoon vibe the game has.

To unlock the new weapons you need to have unlocked the Milestone 1, 2, 3 achievements for the classes. However to unlock each Milestone achievement you have to have gained a certain number of achievements and you can see how many you need by simply looking at the Milestone 1, 2, 3 achievement's description.

In short you need to gain achievements to unlock the items. How you do this is up to you.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

When I get killed sometimes it says there's a bonus to the items (like lvl 10 scattergun has +20% clip size or something). Do I get that by unlocking the milestones?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hamz
    Geno said:
    "When I get killed sometimes it says there's a bonus to the items (like lvl 10 scattergun has +20% clip size or something). Do I get that by unlocking the milestones?
    "
    Yes you need to unlock the items via the achievements. There is no leveling of items or characters. It is all just there for fun when an item says "level 10" etc.
    thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thordain

I just got my Soldier up to lvl 70. I wanna unlock his triple rocket jump to divert some aggro away from medics.

Seriously though, Hamz already explained everything. Also, I require your steam name so I can endlessly pester you into playing TF2.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TheMustacheHero

My Heavy is a level 70, he has a shield that can be really useful when no medics can heal you.

/sarcasm

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MC_Izawa

my medic has lifebloom

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.