Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

New update-Weapons added.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

List of weapons and their attributes from the March 18 update
    The Homewrecker - pyro - 2x bonus against buildings, 75% power against people
    The Pain Train - demo and soldier - 2x capture rate, 1.1x damage from boolet
    The Dalokohs Bar - heavy - max health increase

No Caption Provided
    Also hats! I would love that hammer.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...how do I obtain them?!  I updated and nothing is there.  Add me on Steam and help me out.  x.x

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fallen189
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...how do I obtain them?!  I updated and nothing is there.  Add me on Steam and help me out.  x.x "
    Play the game, then unlock randomly overtime. Or unlock character achievement milestones.
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tiwi

tell me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to collect people's guns to build these? and how do you use them?

Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Partisan189
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

Anyone wanna do this with me on Steam?  I hate doing TF2 grinding alone and rather do it with semi-random people from forums while I sing, make out with my girlfriend, and watch tv while I put TF2 in a little picture box and just push clicky clicky clicky.  

Plus being alone is scary in TF2...I might get backstabbed.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

now they just need to bring that updated stuff to TF2 360....Id play the game again if they hadn't pretty much ignored it like an adopted child.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

They're giving the pyro and the heavy more stuff when the engi's first wave isn't even out? 

And what's the downside to that heavy health boost, there has to be one.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen189
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " now they just need to bring that updated stuff to TF2 360....Id play the game again if they hadn't pretty much ignored it like an adopted child. "
    It's because Valve want to put it out for free, naturally, but Microsoft demand it be paid for, so valve said "Fuck it then"
    Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Partisan189
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Anyone wanna do this with me on Steam?  I hate doing TF2 grinding alone and rather do it with semi-random people from forums while I sing, make out with my girlfriend, and watch tv while I put TF2 in a little picture box and just push clicky clicky clicky.    Plus being alone is scary in TF2...I might get backstabbed. "
    If you don't want to "grind" just afk on an achievment server, you still get unlocks even if you are afk so if you leave it on while your not doing anything you still get unlocks. There is really no grind involved unless you just want to play the game.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Partisan189: How the hell do the get achievements with just being idle?!  O_o
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By AndrewB

Man, when did TF2 become an MMO with so many weapons with so many different properties?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fallen189
    @KaosAngel said:

" @Partisan189: How the hell do the get achievements with just being idle?!  O_o "

Every 25 minutes of play, a player has a 25% chance of receiving a random weapon. The average time for getting a single item is 1h 40min (including duplicates). Since weapons are granted via a random number generator, experience may vary.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @KaosAngel said:

" @Partisan189: How the hell do the get achievements with just being idle?!  O_o "

Every 25 minutes of play, a player has a 25% chance of receiving a random weapon. The average time for getting a single item is 1h 40min (including duplicates). Since weapons are granted via a random number generator, experience may vary.

"
    Oh sweeeeeeeeet.  Free items and makeout session it is!
    Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Partisan189
    @dcpc10 said:

" @AndrewB said:

" Man, when did TF2 become an MMO with so many weapons with so many different properties? "

Yeah, why couldn't they just add some sort of proper upgrade system, or no upgrade system at all. "
    Well you can unlock the original weapons through achievement milestones and they only just started this community driven item system. It seems these new items aren't as powerful as the original weapons so they are just there for the community's sake and offer very minor differences when compared to the original unlocks.
    Edit: The only unlock that actually looks like an upgrade is the chocolate bar for the heavy, but even then not sure about that.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallen189
    @Partisan189 said:
    " @dcpc10 said:

" @AndrewB said:

" Man, when did TF2 become an MMO with so many weapons with so many different properties? "

Yeah, why couldn't they just add some sort of proper upgrade system, or no upgrade system at all. "
    Well you can unlock the original weapons through achievement milestones and they only just started this community driven item system. It seems these new items aren't as powerful as the original weapons so they are just there for the community's sake and offer very minor differences when compared to the original unlocks. Edit: The only unlock that actually looks like an upgrade is the chocolate bar for the heavy, but even then not sure about that. "
    Situational, I guess. They're not trying to add "Upgrades" in my opinion, they just encourage different playstyles and way of actually doing things.

PS: A fellow 189'er in the name. Whatup!
    Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Partisan189
    @Fallen189 said:

" @Partisan189 said:

" @dcpc10 said:

" @AndrewB said:

Well you can unlock the original weapons through achievement milestones and they only just started this community driven item system. It seems these new items aren't as powerful as the original weapons so they are just there for the community's sake and offer very minor differences when compared to the original unlocks. Edit: The only unlock that actually looks like an upgrade is the chocolate bar for the heavy, but even then not sure about that. "
    Situational, I guess. They're not trying to add "Upgrades" in my opinion, they just encourage different playstyles and way of actually doing things.  PS: A fellow 189'er in the name. Whatup! "
    Yes sorry I didn't really mean the first unlocks were really upgrades, but these new weapons seem much tamer in comparison.
    Edit: 189'ers UNITE!
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallen189
    @Partisan189 said:
    " @Fallen189 said:

" @Partisan189 said:

" @dcpc10 said:

" @AndrewB said:

Situational, I guess. They're not trying to add "Upgrades" in my opinion, they just encourage different playstyles and way of actually doing things.  PS: A fellow 189'er in the name. Whatup! "
    Yes sorry I didn't really mean the first unlocks were really upgrades, but these new weapons seem much tamer in comparison. Edit: 189'ers UNITE! "
    Yeah, it's weird. Demo is a really interesting example, they made him from a defensive player into a full on attacker. Pyro is a weird one too, but hey, I love the game!

Also, meet the medic where!
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Fallen189: I take it you plays a lots...how does one obtain the Soldier and Demo weapons without wanting to play?  I be on idle all night and didn't get anything for them.  :(
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallen189
    @KaosAngel said:

" @Fallen189: I take it you plays a lots...how does one obtain the Soldier and Demo weapons without wanting to play?  I be on idle all night and didn't get anything for them.  :( "

Join a server with achievement_idle as a map. Then go into spectator mode. Minimize the window, and do something useful.

Later go back and kill yourself. If you are lucky, you will have found quite some items. Use them to craft hats.
    Partisan189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Partisan189
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Fallen189: I take it you plays a lots...how does one obtain the Soldier and Demo weapons without wanting to play?  I be on idle all night and didn't get anything for them.  :( "
    If you want the Soldier or Demo weapons the easiest thing to do is get achievement milestones which are easy to farm on achievement servers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.