Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

No TF2 updates till next year

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thordain
    Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Yit

Well, that's kinda disappointing. But you know VALVe. It takes ages, but it's rad.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xruntime
    Levio91 said:
    "Im kinda starting do dislike left 4 dead."
    As much as I hate to admit it, me too. I mean, it's an original concept, really great - but I'm sort of thinking - where will the fun be in shooting zombies that just run at you? Will it really have longevity? I don't think this Director AI will have enough variation. Will there be teamwork, a sense of camraderie? I'm not sure. Likewise, Fallout 3 and COD WAW are questionable.

I think I've mentioned this in other threads, the only game that I'm confident about is Far Cry 2.

I think its a shame they're going to wait till next year...it's either an efficiency measure (get everyone working on L4D) or a commercial strategy (get public to focus on L4D).
    Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Subway

Valve, why do you have to be so god awfully slow at everything you do??

Trnck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Trnck

Maybe it's just a strategy to let people get tired of TF2 and buy L4D?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47

Guys, they are just going to release alot of new stuff when they update it next. It makes sense to me because they want to release everything on TF2 PC to the 360 version.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By mracoon

I already made a thread about this but as I said, I don't mind that there's no more updates this year because I'm going to be playing L4D anyway. They probably can't fit any more updates because the TF2 team is helping work on L4D anyway.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Coltonio7

I'd rather play L4D much more than I'd like to get some more TF2 achievements/weapons

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Snail said:
    "Meh. I'm loking forward only to the Spy updates so whathever."

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

This is somewhat disappointing news i was hoping for another class update to TF2 before the Christmas period but i guess Valve must have all hands on the L4D deck and must be trying to get this game to be the focus of everyones attention, both players and developers.

I just hope though that Valve don't slow or neglect TF2 for L4D for too long.

But i do agree with the general opinion that Valve need to be quicker at releasing games, updates and sticking to release dates. If Valve says Episode 3 is coming out in early 2010 that really means mid to late 2010...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.