Pyromania Update!!

#1 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

June 27, 2012 will be the 300th update for TF2 and day 1 of the Pyromania update. Valve will finally release Meet the Pyro! And there will a new gametype called Doomsday with 11 new achievements. The next two days I'm sure will be some new weapons and hats. Finally after all these years we will get meet the pyro!

#2 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I can't wait.

#3 Posted by MjHealy (1828 posts) -

Updated the wiki and all. Unsurprisingly, I am pretty stoked.

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

mmmmph mmmmmmmmm!!!!

#5 Posted by FonkyMucker (147 posts) -

Pyro is my bread and butter in TF2, so HELLS YEAH!

#6 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Can't wait. Monkey space!

#7 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

New game mode and weapons? Sign me the fuck up.

#8 Posted by AbombBILL (34 posts) -

@FonkyMucker said:

Pyro is my bread and butter in TF2, so HELLS YEAH!

Don't you mean your toast and butter?

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

All of this sounds super great, sign me the hell up.

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Strap it on and get hype! I mean MMPHHH!

#11 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I hope a lot of other people who haven't played for a while come back for this, otherwise I'm going to get dominated terribly fast.

#12 Posted by Brake (1089 posts) -

I thought they might tie this into the Steam sale somehow, but looks like this'll be over before that begins.

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

@Vodun said:

I hope a lot of other people who haven't played for a while come back for this, otherwise I'm going to get dominated terribly fast.

Haven't played in over a year, redownloaded this morning for this. Currently overwhelmed by all the new (to me) stuff.

#14 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

Time to reinstall TF2.

HUEHUEHEUHEUE

#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@TobbRobb: Why did you ever uninstall it?!

#16 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Harddrive wipe and lost interest. Been a year now I think, time to play I say.

#17 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@Brake said:

I thought they might tie this into the Steam sale somehow, but looks like this'll be over before that begins.

I'm guessing Steam Summer Camp will start when Meet The Pyro is released. After all, it's speculated to start on the 28th, and blog mentions this is a three day update. It's too convenient to not be true.

#18 Posted by EXTomar (4518 posts) -

File under: Fun On A Bun.

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (14584 posts) -

Is the Giantbomb/Tested server still running? Cause we should all get on and play some damn TF2.

#20 Posted by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

I have a sneaking suspicion that Meet the Pyro will only be a 3 second teaser for the full Meet the Pyro that will ship with Half Life 3 or Half Life 2 Episode 3 or Half Life 3 Episode 1 or whatever they are actually making... Left 4 Dead 3? Portal 3? -.-'

Bah, I'm rambling like an idiot.

I need to actually try out TF2, especially now that its free and all.

#21 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@Village_Guy: I'm sure Valve will try to pull something, but I hope nothing so drastic.

#22 Posted by Pudge (869 posts) -

I'm still confused by the new game mode. Is it called Doomsday? Or is the map Doomsday? And then what they describe sounds like Payload Race to me, just with one bomb instead of two?

Either way though, I'm super excited to Meet The Pyro.

#23 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

About time. I mean it only took them 5 years.

#24 Posted by Klaimore (945 posts) -

I'm really thinking they are going to troll us with the Pyro and not show his/her identity. Either way I'm looking forward to the awesome updates.

#25 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

The Pyro is a sexy lady.

#26 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

I'd love to see that Monkey VS Monkey description to be depicted in the game. Outside of that sounds a bit like a payload themed game style

#27 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Here's the day 2 stuff. It includes new weapons for the Scout, Sniper, Soldier and Pyro.

#28 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

New items look great. I wonder though, will they keep releasing such big updates? Every class has gotten an update, and now the last Meet The... will be out as well. I hope they don't stop.

#29 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

About time. I mean it only took them 5 years.

Don't discount how great those five years have been. It's not like Valve were skimping on non-Pyro content :)

#30 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Why is no one talking about the best part of this update.

#31 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

The only downside to this is update is that it'll be impossible to play Pyro for a while :P

And with so many pyros, it'll either be impossible or incredibly fun to play Spy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.