Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Sniper hat now on 360 Avatar Marketplace

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

It is.

And I could not resist doing this:
      My New Avatar

Did anyone else get this idea or done another TF2 class as a 360 avatar?

Also, I am aware there is a similar hat for free. As stated: Could not resist.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Belonpopo

Clever shit dude.

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By monster9999

Wow mad skillz props

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

I don't like the idea of paying for accessories for virtual beings, but that one is pretty awesome. 

If I had a 360 I would totally buy that.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Jambones

Don't have an XBox account. Could a I trouble someone for a screenie?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TheMustacheHero

The irony is PC gets free updates for the classes and 360 gets stupid hats that you have to pay for.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @Jambones said:
    " Don't have an XBox account. Could a I trouble someone for a screenie? "
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By nanikore

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By trace
    @Jambones said:
    " Don't have an XBox account. Could a I trouble someone for a screenie? "

This link should work. Looks rather nifty.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dalai
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " The irony is PC gets free updates for the classes and 360 gets stupid hats that you have to pay for. "
    Plus TF2 on PC on occasion costs as much as one of those hats.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Dalai said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " The irony is PC gets free updates for the classes and 360 gets stupid hats that you have to pay for. "
    Plus TF2 on PC on occasion costs as much as one of those hats. "
    lol yep. Halloween it was only $1.99
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Arjuna

Sniper class, especially on the 360, is the weakest and lamest class choice.  They're so weak at close range that they can't capture points, all you have to do is stay behind cover and they won't be able to hit you, and even if they do shoot and(maybe) kill you, all you have to do is wait 15 seconds and you'll be right back to where you were since the Engineers will have teleporters.  It's especially pointless if you're defending since the offense's spawn time is about 5 seconds. 

At best, all the snipers can do is(maybe) kill people who will then quickly respawn.  The objective of TF2 is NOT to kill people!  It is to capture the point!  That is all!  I love seeing noobs run around trying to snipe each other, when it doesn't mean anything!  Capping the point, that is all that matters.

Actually, you know what, keep being sniper, I like plowing through you fools.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Druminator

How about hats in the game now? Geez.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By agentboolen

Waste of money but hey who am I to judge lol

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60
    @Meowayne said:
    " Ha ha.  Ha.   You paid for Avatar clothing.  I repeat:  You support Microsoft in charging cash for purely cosmetical digital-only content that someone spent 20 minutes making. Content that will entertain you for 10 minutes and everyone else will not care in the slightest about.   Ha.   ...   Seriously, you're an idiot. "
    Boohoo, somebody buys something that you don't think is worth it..get over it and stop being such a dick about it.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jambones
    @PsEG: Cheers for that. Worked like a charm.

Nice! To be honest, I like the avatar stuff, but it's definitely a luxury item that will never be considered in my budget.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Relys

Where is this? I don't see it on the market place.

I have 9300 points (I told a bunch of kids I could hack them to 10th prestige on MW2 for 1600MS points), so money is no problem.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JoelTGM

You paid money for that?

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Relys

I STILL DON'T SEE WHERE YOU CAN BUY THIS.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    This isn't for the game, the PC and 360 get exactly the same ingame content, both for free.
    This is an avatar item, for your 360 avatar.  Which is arguably pointless, but I'm sure most people here have bought other frivilous game items that have done nothing except change your appearence.

I'd personally never bother spending any money on things like this myself, but I'm not sure why there's so much hate towards those who do.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @WinterSnowblind said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:

This isn't for the game, the PC and 360 get exactly the same ingame content, both for free. This is an avatar item, for your 360 avatar.  Which is arguably pointless, but I'm sure most people here have bought other frivilous game items that have done nothing except change your appearence.  I'd personally never bother spending any money on things like this myself, but I'm not sure why there's so much hate towards those who do. "
    Yes I realize that, but it's related to the game.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By thatfrood
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    This isn't for the game, the PC and 360 get exactly the same ingame content, both for free. This is an avatar item, for your 360 avatar.  Which is arguably pointless, but I'm sure most people here have bought other frivilous game items that have done nothing except change your appearence.  I'd personally never bother spending any money on things like this myself, but I'm not sure why there's so much hate towards those who do. "
    Well... no. The pc version has been getting a lot of updates over the past year. Almost to the point where it's a different game. The xbox version is still almost the same as the one released when it first came out.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PureRok
    @Arjuna said:
    " Sniper class, especially on the 360, is the weakest and lamest class choice.  They're so weak at close range that they can't capture points, all you have to do is stay behind cover and they won't be able to hit you, and even if they do shoot and(maybe) kill you, all you have to do is wait 15 seconds and you'll be right back to where you were since the Engineers will have teleporters.  It's especially pointless if you're defending since the offense's spawn time is about 5 seconds.  At best, all the snipers can do is(maybe) kill people who will then quickly respawn.  The objective of TF2 is NOT to kill people!  It is to capture the point!  That is all!  I love seeing noobs run around trying to snipe each other, when it doesn't mean anything!  Capping the point, that is all that matters. Actually, you know what, keep being sniper, I like plowing through you fools. "
    I question who the real "noob" is.
    pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pepper_2000
    @Arjuna said:
    " Sniper class, especially on the 360, is the weakest and lamest class choice.  They're so weak at close range that they can't capture points, all you have to do is stay behind cover and they won't be able to hit you, and even if they do shoot and(maybe) kill you, all you have to do is wait 15 seconds and you'll be right back to where you were since the Engineers will have teleporters.  It's especially pointless if you're defending since the offense's spawn time is about 5 seconds.  At best, all the snipers can do is(maybe) kill people who will then quickly respawn.  The objective of TF2 is NOT to kill people!  It is to capture the point!  That is all!  I love seeing noobs run around trying to snipe each other, when it doesn't mean anything!  Capping the point, that is all that matters. Actually, you know what, keep being sniper, I like plowing through you fools. "
    You're right, but that doesn't mean he is useless. He takes out high profile targets easily. He is not close combat, he manages to selectively take out once class at a time. This can inadvertently assist your team in not dieing in crunch time.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arjuna
    @PureRok said:
    " @Arjuna said:
    I question who the real "noob" is. "
    Your games list says you haven't even played the orange box on the 360.  It says you're playing it on the PC.  And you only have the common achievements unlocked.  Those are two different games, and the sniper has received many an upgrade on the PC.  You are the noob, because you haven't even played the 360 version!
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PureRok
    @Arjuna said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " @Arjuna said:
    Your games list says you haven't even played the orange box on the 360.  It says you're playing it on the PC.  And you only have the common achievements unlocked.  Those are two different games, and the sniper has received many an upgrade on the PC.  You are the noob, because you haven't even played the 360 version! "
    Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@Arjuna said:

You talk about the Sniper class like Team Fortress was a lone wolf game.

Sniper is a support class, you're never going to see a Spy or a Medic take a well defended point by themselves. Snipers are deadly at both long range and short range, the latter being because people underestimate them. A good Sniper has patience and picks his fights, a good Sniper doesn't rush into battle not knowing what he is up against.

At long range the Sniper waits and watches, he doesn't take the Scout rushing the point because his team can handle a Scout on their own. On the other hand your team might not be able to take on a Uber Soldier. It isn't about accuracy, it isn't about speed. Those things help in a pure camping capacity, but you are never going to get the key kills. Sure a headshot can take a lot down without a charge, but even a good body shot is enough to make even the bravest Medic's back the fuck up and give your team the time they need to prepare.

More importantly, it's a game of fear. Even more so than the Spy. A single skilled Sniper can control an route alone without any help from his teammate. This will cause one of two things to happen. The enemy will attempt to take a longer route around to your flank and kill you, which is when you start watching the spot you were in and move, or the enemy team switches to Sniper and wastes valuable firepower distracting you for several seconds.

The Sniper's close range game is all about deception and stealth. No one ever attacks the Sniper if another class is nearby because they don't perceive them as a threat, and no one is going to hesitate chasing after a wounder Sniper. My Kukri is soiled with the blood of many a stupid fool who dared to think he could count out a damn blade in the back of the head. It's even easier now with the Jarate.

Everything is not about "Captuiring the Point" and kills DO matter. A solid defense is more important than an offense in many push maps, though that is strictly out of competetive leauges. I'm not the great of a Sniper, but even I can tell you that a good Sniper makes a huge impact on the battlefield. Hell a bad Sniper can, if they understand the fundmentals.

We strive for quality, not quantity. We take out the campers, the turtlers, the ambushers. We strip down defenses and eliminate immediate threats before they even have a chance at our teammates. We're the ones who stay behind in the rush and watch out for your stupid asses. 

You think trying to cap a point means a crock of shit if you can't even make it in the front gate? We don't ask for the glory of making a cap, we don't strive for MVP scores. We serve our humble role and expect mutual repspect form our team mates. We Snipers, across all games and all consoles, are a humble people. We simple ask for something to kill, and nothing more.

I'm an assassain and I do a damn good job.

So next time you're lookin' down the barrel of a glowing 'nade launcher, how 'bout you shove a crocket up ya arse and pray to Mother Mary and Saint Joseph that ya ain't sent to the fiery abyss for yerbloody ignorance!

Also yes, this was a waste of money.

But it was worth it.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
    @WinterSnowblind said:

" the PC and 360 get exactly the same ingame content, both for free. "

What? 

@LordXavierBritish: What did I just read?
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By immike

That's pretty neat...Well, It'd be neat if they added the much needed content to the 360 version of the game, that the pc already has, before they put some accessory on the market place!

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CharlieTuna
    @Arjuna said:

" @PureRok said:

" @Arjuna said:
    Your games list says you haven't even played the orange box on the 360.  It says you're playing it on the PC.  And you only have the common achievements unlocked.  Those are two different games, and the sniper has received many an upgrade on the PC.  You are the noob, because you haven't even played the 360 version! "
    You're making yourself look really bad here, you're welcome to go check out my achievements for TF2 and I'll agree with PureRok that you are the "noob" here. A good sniper can be invaluable to a team.

Edit: Crazy ones like XavierBritish I don't know about though, haha god damn dude. That's quite a post.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGremp
    @Arjuna said:
    "You are the noob, because you haven't even played the 360 version! "

No Caption Provided
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @Relys said:
    " Where is this? I don't see it on the market place.  I have 9300 points (I told a bunch of kids I could hack them to 10th prestige on MW2 for 1600MS points), so money is no problem. "
    HAHA, you sly man.

Thats hilarious. Kids are pretty stupid these days.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arjuna
    @CharlieTuna said:
    " @Arjuna said:

" @PureRok said:

" @Arjuna said:
    You're making yourself look really bad here, you're welcome to go check out my achievements for TF2 and I'll agree with PureRok that you are the "noob" here. A good sniper can be invaluable to a team.  Edit: Crazy ones like XavierBritish I don't know about though, haha god damn dude. That's quite a post. "
    Was that supposed to be a bluff or something?  You don't have anywhere near S-rank! 

Until the sniper gets the PC upgrades, or can learn to fire through walls, good luck.  I love it when you get a bunch of snipers on the opposing team just standing there, while you're in their base taking their intelligence or capturing their base.  The amount of time they spend just standing there is way more than the amount of time it takes for me to respawn in the event that they actually kill me. 

I'm sure the sniper is very useful in other games....  but not TF2...  You can SEE where he's shooting!  His peripheral vision is nil!  and he has to charge his shot!

The only way I can lose to a sniper is if my team has snipers also, and the handicap is even, hehehe!  Lottsa love for snipers, but not in this game.
    CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CharlieTuna

Yes clearly I'm bluffing by having all the 360 achievements and over 200 on PC, I'm sorry if I don't care about killing 100 people underwater with the heavy or getting a melee kill while stickyjumping. I don't care about pointless achievements (hell I've got 0 S ranks due to this) but I have played more than enough of the game.

You just don't get it dude and clearly you've not played against anyone good. Not surprising, 360 players are garbage. The sniper fully charged shot is a one shot kill on everything (except ubers of course) and a sniper taking out a medic or engie at the right time can decide a lot. Hell I've cleared the way for people on Gravel Pit C on offense many times as sniper and I'm a pretty bad one. Maybe you're a 2fort only player or something, then I can see why you'd think that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.