Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Spray Image corrupt?

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I tried to import a spray image for TF2, but it keeps telling me the image is corrupt but the image works fine in CSS, its in the JPEG format.

I got the picture from taking a screenshot in Gmod and then added some text using paint but I don't see why it would corrupt the image in anyway? Especially since it works in CSS.

Any Suggestions?

P.S. I have the same problem in Day of Defeat: Source

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no suggestions? =/

Duckchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Duckchow

For some reason TF2 sprays need a bit of work to import. I'm not sure if the same thing works for DoD, but here's a simple tutorial for TF2 that should help.  http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/4488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duckchow said:
    "For some reason TF2 sprays need a bit of work to import. I'm not sure if the same thing works for DoD, but here's a simple tutorial for TF2 that should help.  http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/4488"
    okie thanks alot I'll def give this a shot ^^ *mega hug*
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lunarbunny

Make sure it's powers of 2 size, and if you're saving it as JPEG in Photoshop, try saving it as something else, like PNG or TGA. You can always use VTFEdit to make the files into native VTF files as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.