Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Team Fortress 2 50% off through June 12th, free weekend on Steam

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Dpower94
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/3930/     
    To celebrate the release of TF2 on Mac, it has been discounted to $9.99 for the weekend through June 12th, and will also be free to play for the same time period. In addition, if you play it on a Mac in that time period, you receive a free pair of earbuds for your in-game character, which you can read about here.  

I'm probably gonna pick up TF2 this weekend, since I assume now's a good time to get started, with all the Mac newbies. Anyone else gonna be hiding out in a Team Fortress this weekend?
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Dude, the game is so weird now. I'm not sure if there will ever be a good time to get into it. New people shouldn't be playing it. No one should probably be playing it.

Also there are going to be very few Mac newbies. Most have been playing off a Windows partition for years. This assumption that everyone with earbuds is an easy target is going to be put to bed very, very quickly.

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dpower94
    No one should be playing it? That seems a bit exaggerated.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kishan6

ehh games ok 
    css is better

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darksaw

If you enjoy the free-to-play this weekend definitely buy it. It has one of the best online communities of any game, it's constantly being updated with new content for free. I bought it at release (October 07) and still put in 30 or more hours a week. But even an new player can jump in and help his team, just don't pay attention to your K/D or anything; it's absolutely worthless, doing objectives and taking out high value targets such as Medics combos or Snipers is what will win the game.
    Luckily it's free this weekend though so you can get a real feel for the game before you decide to buy it or not. Some advice I have for you is not to just play on 32 player instant spawn PL and CTF games, play some 8v8 on Capture Point maps.

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dpower94
    @Darksaw: Thanks, that sounds pretty fun. I like the idea that K/D is garbage. Maybe I should get some friends into the game, show their COD-playing asses that there's more to life than K/D.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.