Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Team Fortress Update Explained

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

"Whaaaaaa! Cry some more!" - The Heavy
    For those of you who may still have your panties in a tightly knit bunch, Valve has come out and explained the how's and why's of their new item earning system in Team Fortress 2. After you've had a nice read there, I think that you'll find it hard to dispute what they said. Unless, of course, you're a thick-headed mouth breather. In which case, why aren't you playing Halo where you belong?

Sorry if I seem bitter but it's been a rotten day and yes, I'm taking it out on the stupid people.

On a lighter note, the Valve store has also put up some great new TF2 apparel and merch, so I'd recommend you check it out. Personally: I'm aiming for those Red vs. Blue mugs to show my ever-waning allegiance. They've also given yet another update that features off a fashionable new addition to the game: HATS!

-Shut up and play.
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DrRandle

"Whaaaaaa! Cry some more!" - The Heavy
    For those of you who may still have your panties in a tightly knit bunch, Valve has come out and explained the how's and why's of their new item earning system in Team Fortress 2. After you've had a nice read there, I think that you'll find it hard to dispute what they said. Unless, of course, you're a thick-headed mouth breather. In which case, why aren't you playing Halo where you belong?

Sorry if I seem bitter but it's been a rotten day and yes, I'm taking it out on the stupid people.

On a lighter note, the Valve store has also put up some great new TF2 apparel and merch, so I'd recommend you check it out. Personally: I'm aiming for those Red vs. Blue mugs to show my ever-waning allegiance. They've also given yet another update that features off a fashionable new addition to the game: HATS!

-Shut up and play.
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

-Shut up and play.
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr

This

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DrRandle
    @turbomonkey138: Yes... Yes, I typed that. Thank you for pointing it out?
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

Meh. I hardly ever play TF2 and the fact that it's easier to get the stuff the more you have played is stupid. The only thing that was going to get me to play was the ability to use the bow, but since I have to play forever to get the damn thing I just won't play at all.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138
    DrRandle said:
    @turbomonkey138: Yes... Yes, I typed that. Thank you for pointing it out?
    No need for that . Just quoting what you said becuase that sums up your thread completley
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

At the moment, the new unlock system is the least of my worries. I was having the update error some people seem to be getting, where it downloads an update, but you go into the game, and there is no update, and I can't join any servers. So I verify the games integrity, it downloads the update and then I can play. But the next time I start steam, it downloads another update that completely deletes the the correct one, and have to verify the integrity to redowload the update again.

Then I figured that since it's an update problem it might be a problem with steam, rather than TF2, so I download the new beta client candidate, and then it wouldn't update at all. And this morning, steam won't launch at all. This is driving me insane. I want to play some TF2 but I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pause422
    MattyFTM said:
    At the moment, the new unlock system is the least of my worries. I was having the update error some ... [more]
    Err that sucks. I've had no problems whatsoever and neither have any of my friends, other than when it first launched losing connection to the servers for the first few hours. I just want to find the Huntsman and I'll be happy. I really like the new gametype, and the new arena maps are amazing looking.

I agree though with you though Dr.Randle completely- people need to stop whining and bitching about a new update that is probably worth 20$ in content packed into it when its completely fine. The main people bitching about that system, just don't have all the items yet...the second they get all of them they will completely forget about ever complaining about it in the first place.
    MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MadeinFinland

I love Valve. I'm hoping that this all works out as well as everything else they've done does. I'm one of the ones that plays a lot but has only gotten one weapon, but I know Valve will have it all fixed eventually - the bow for the sniper is sick enough for me.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Feanor

The only thing I think they should have done differently is implement the trading feature with this update.  Then I wouldn't have to hear "Ugh that's my third Huntsman" 1000 times a night.

Kraylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Kraylor
    Feanor said:
    The only thing I think they should have done differently is implement the trading feature with this update.  Then I ... [more]
    That's what bugs me. I don't mind getting duplicates, but it's a pain to think the trading might not be implemented before it's just about worthless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.