Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

TF2 AI system(bots) beta

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

So it looks like TF2 is adding bots, I am not sure of how this will work but I trust that valve will make the best of this. They are going to use the same AI system as L4D used. 
    Quote from the official TF2 blog
     " Team Fortress 2 is an excellent "sandbox" for explorations of this sort, and we've been quietly doing so for much of this last year. Some of the results of these explorations are TF "bots" 

They are testing them now and could use your help. If you are interested got to 

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3279

what do you think of this ?
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Well, it doesn't take anything away from the game, so yay all around.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Since its something people have to enable on servers and most servers I play on wont ever use, I dont really care either way. AS Rjay said, it takes nothing away.

lukeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By lukeyk

Yes, im sure that this will probaly lead to the engineer update. And at the specuated guard dog/ robot also note how the title of it is called erectin a dispenser, ENGINEER
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

I guess that means we'll be able to play offline, and that is really great, but how well will it actually work? It will require a really complex AI system, I suppose.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I actually joined a server a couple of days ago that I suspect was comprised entirely of bots.  It was on a Payload map and I honestly seemed to be the only person attempting to do anything with the cart.  I said some things in chat to see why nobody else was pushing and there was no reply, on a 30 player server nobody said anything in about half hour of play.  Honestly though, they seem to play really well, besides the whole not pushing the cart thing I could not tell them apart from normal players.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By stephengotlost

I remember the bots in Counter Strike Source responding quite realistically through voice chat.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I would have loved this when I first started off playing TF2. It was quite daunting, and wanted to practice on my own for a bit first. But now I want to play with real people, not bots. I suppose it'll be fun playing games with a small team of human players against a large team of bots. Me and a couple of mates used to play CS:S against a large team of bots and it was great fun. I suppose it all depends how well the AI works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.