Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

The death of Crab Spies within sight?

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By AURON570

Valve has just fixed a graphical glitch for the Scout in TF2. The glitch is when the scout tries to double jump and crouch, the scout's legs go all rubbery. And it is now fixed. I actually never minded, it actually sort of made scouts more menacing, like wasps. However, something I do mind is crab spies, especially when half the server isn't actually playing the game just to stare and guffaw at this one spy who is practically afk. Granted, this doesn't happen regularly and I have no problem with crab spies or other shenanigans during setup, but at least to me, it has gone the way of the overused joke.

Link to TF2 official blog:
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3368

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AURON570

Valve has just fixed a graphical glitch for the Scout in TF2. The glitch is when the scout tries to double jump and crouch, the scout's legs go all rubbery. And it is now fixed. I actually never minded, it actually sort of made scouts more menacing, like wasps. However, something I do mind is crab spies, especially when half the server isn't actually playing the game just to stare and guffaw at this one spy who is practically afk. Granted, this doesn't happen regularly and I have no problem with crab spies or other shenanigans during setup, but at least to me, it has gone the way of the overused joke.

Link to TF2 official blog:
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3368

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

They're explanation of why that glitch occurred was nothing short of brilliant.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By izzygraze

I'm pretty sure one of the new taunts is the crab spy. It doesn't do it every time but like 1/4 times when you taunt with the matchbook he'll crab spy.

Here we go:

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Removing Spy Crab doesn't fix anything. Stupid people are always going to be stupid, removing Spy Crab isn't going to stop them.

intarcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By intarcouch

i honestly don't think they'll ever remove the Spy Crab. Spy Crab is just part of the game, to be honest. I mean hell- they even decided to make that taunt out of it (that really shows how much Valve really does love their players). SPYCRAB 4EVER

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AURON570
    @intarcouch: yeah, i guess. When I posted this I didn't even know they made a spy-crab taunt =S. I guess I just don't taunt enough, haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.