The Official TF2 Trading Thread!

#1 Edited by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -

EDIT: Patch is now live and players are free to trade with whomever they wish (or even gift each other items, no required 1:1 trades)!

Figured I'd jump the gun and get out in front of this one. As you may or may not know, the next content patch for Team Fortress 2 is purported to be implementing a trading system. In the event that players are able to trade freely with whomever they choose, I figured it'd be nice to have a thread full of posts with items people have and are looking to trade instead of having multiple scattered topics. Since the patch isn't actually out yet, until then this thread can be used to just post what you've got and what you'll be looking for when the patch hits, since no actual trading can be done yet. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Things I'm in specifically in the market for:

• I'm looking for a Strange Sniper Rifle. If you have one for trade, let me know.
  • I'm looking for a Strange Minigun. If you have one for trade, let me know.
  • I'm looking for a Righteous Bison, a Three-Rune Blade, and The Maul. If you have any of them for trade, let me know.

Post what you've got and what you're looking for.

#2 Edited by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

What I have: 
- Vintage Demoman's Fro 
- Mann Co. Supply Crate Series 1

What I want:
- Vintage Glengarry Bonnet
- Engineer's Cap 
- New Weapons/Items from last update.

Link to my steam profile so you can add me as a friend if you want > here.

#3 Posted by Paulrus (244 posts) -

I have a:
-Baker Boy (Scout)
-"Brain Slug" (Pyro)
-Billycock (Spy)

What I want
-Tricorne (Demoman)
-Hothod (Engineer)
-Stainless Pot  (Soldier)
-Tossle Cap (Scout)
-A life

#4 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -
@Paulrus: I might be able to hook you up with that last one. I just saw a cheap one auctioning off on eBay. :D
#5 Posted by Paulrus (244 posts) -
@MadeinFinland: It's not made in China, is it?
#6 Edited by Brake (1089 posts) -
#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Willing to Trade: 
Soldier's Stash 
Whoopee Cap 

Looking For: 
Any Heavy hat (Heavy Duty Rag preferred) 
Any Medic Hat

#8 Posted by SXBIG (166 posts) -

Soldiers Stash and Tossle Cap for Maxs Head.

#9 Posted by AURON570 (1672 posts) -
@ChineseTea:  Alright I'll take it! I'll make sure to keep it until the update.
#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -
@SXBIG said:
" Soldiers Stash and Tossle Cap for Maxs Head. "
I don't think any of the specialty hats (Cheater's Lament, Ghastly Gibus, Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask, Bill's Hat, Max's Severed Head, Alien Swarm Parasite, Lumbricus Lid) will be tradeable.
#11 Posted by Immuniity (241 posts) -
@Paulrus: 
I have the soldier's pot. Ill trade for the brainslug.

Add me on steam, my account is -
 http://steamcommunity.com/id/immunity
#12 Posted by Fallen189 (4941 posts) -

I've got Vintage Safe N Sound for engineer. 

Looking for a medic/heavy/pyro hat.

#13 Posted by Brake (1089 posts) -
@AURON570:  So when when are you on Steam usually? And what time zone are you in? I'm not sure we've ever been online at the same time. :D
#14 Edited by AURON570 (1672 posts) -
@ChineseTea: haha yeah, I haven't been on much lately because of school, anyways I'll be free this sunday Oct 3 before 11:30 a.m. or after 12:30p.m. I'm in gmt -5 (eastern). so I guess pick a half hour time slot and I'll be on during that time.
#15 Posted by Brake (1089 posts) -
@AURON570: Okay, hows about around 10:00am your time?
#16 Edited by noibn (106 posts) -

I've got an extra Camera Beard. I know they're not extremely rare, but if anyone wants one, I will happily trade it for pretty much any hat I don't already have.

Also, anyone on here feel free to hit me up with a Steam friend request, if you want. Account name is the same.

#17 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I have: Respectless Rubber Glove and Medic's Mask

I want: Troublemakers Tossle Cap or maybe some other hat, make an offer.

I want to tell a little tale too: I had respectless rubber glove, Hound Dog, the hair thing for spies and something else. I crafted everything for new hats. Got 2 shitty hats. Crafted them for a new. Got respectless rubber glove again. That thing is haunting me man. 

@Fallen189

said:

" I've got Vintage Safe N Sound for engineer.  Looking for a medic/heavy/pyro hat. "

I could trade my respectless rubber glove for the safe and sound if you want to. 

UPDATE: Just got a Batter's Helmet. 

UPDATE 2: Traded the Batter's Helmet for a Medic's Mask.
#18 Edited by Necrotoxin (141 posts) -

I have: Trophy Belt.  (Sniper)

I want any Medic/Heavy/Pyro hat.

#19 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

I probably have nothing of rarity or note, but if you want anything by virtue of being a Vintage item, or just to shower me with free polygonal junk because you've got scrap from here to Christmas, here ya go. (PMs are appreciated.)

#20 Posted by Robin_Gr (137 posts) -

Have: Vintage Toque  

Want: Vintage Whiskered Gent or Medic Mask.

#21 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -
#22 Edited by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

EDIT: Sorry, got what I wanted.  If anyone is having trouble finding the trade they want, I would suggest tf2items.com.

#23 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I just got a Supply Crate. Since I don't have the money to spend on getting a key, it's up for grabs if you can give a good offer.

#24 Posted by Tappy (29 posts) -
#25 Posted by MementoMori (189 posts) -

http://www.tf2items.com/id/mementomori

The stuff I don't want is on page 4... 

I DON'T want

scout hats
soldier hats
pyro hats
medic hats
spy hats

I DO want

pimp hat
ushanka 
medic mask 

If you're interested add me and perhaps PM on giantbomb too

#26 Posted by mracoon (4955 posts) -

Stickied to TF2 board.

I'll see if I have anything to trade and check back here later.

#27 Posted by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" I just got a Supply Crate. Since I don't have the money to spend on getting a key, it's up for grabs if you can give a good offer. "
Does the supply crate list what possible items could be inside? 

@mracoon said:
" Stickied to TF2 board. "
Thanks!
#28 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @Jack268 said:
" I just got a Supply Crate. Since I don't have the money to spend on getting a key, it's up for grabs if you can give a good offer. "

Yeah it does. I just traded mine though.
#29 Posted by Dark_Jon (581 posts) -

I'm trading the Pyro Sombrero for a Soldier Kabuto.

#30 Posted by WildFloyd (127 posts) -

I have a  Lumbricus Lid (limited edition)

looking for 2 hats

#31 Posted by HiImMikeCruz (208 posts) -
@Dark_Jon: I have a few engie and pyro hats for trade if you still want to trade that sombrero
#32 Posted by LackingSaint (1772 posts) -

Hi, i'm looking for any hats for the Scout, Heavy, Pyro, Soldier, Sniper or Engie. I don't really have much to offer back bar some Reclaimed metal and some spare weapons. Really i'm only asking for spare hats anyone doesn't reallly want.

#33 Edited by JammyJesus (770 posts) -

I have a Napper's Respite (Box Item Only) that I'm willing to swap for a Scout Hat, preferably Bonk Helm, Ye Olde Baker Boy or the Troublemakers Tossle Cap. Give me a PM if interested.     

EDIT: Taken!

#34 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Anyone wanna give me free hats? 

PM if interested.

#35 Posted by noibn (106 posts) -

Update. Here is my backpack:

http://www.tf2items.com/id/noibn 

All of the items on the left half of page 1 (at any given time) are up for trade. I'm looking for either hats or crates in return. PM me if interested.

#36 Edited by Necrotoxin (141 posts) -
#37 Posted by Pessh (2454 posts) -

Someone want to explain? Only TF2 I've played was on 360, might pick it up while its on sale though

#38 Posted by adoggz (2046 posts) -

wait, they finally implemented trading? god damn it. i don't have time to play all these games ,STOP TRYING TO PULL ME BACK IN TEAM FORTRESS!!!

I've got a vintage camera beard and a vintage masters yellow belt that I'd be willing to trade for some medic or engie or pyro stuff.

#39 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

How do I get a key for this bitching crate, without buying one?
#40 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:

" @Jack268 said:

All the current crates can contain: 

It appears that an "exceedingly rare special item" is an "unusual" hat with a special effect, such as these:  http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Unusual_hats#Unusual_items 

Anyways... 

I have a Stainless Steel Pot (Soldier) That I want to trade for a Hound Dog or Ushanka (Heavy) 

Also, I have a Mann. Co Supply Crate that I'd be willing to trade for a refined metal or ANY hat. (apart from the "hatless" hats)  Note that in order to open the crate, you need a key, which can only be bought, not dropped.  Keys cost $2.50, but the crate can get you same ludicrously rare items.
#41 Posted by ajamafalous (11863 posts) -
@TheGremp: I actually looked it up immediately after posting that comment, but good on you for clarifying it here so other people can see.
#42 Edited by Bravestar (380 posts) -

I got black paint. Willing to trade it for a newish hat(like Handyman's Handle, Dr's Dapper Topper, Sober Stuntman, etc not the sombrero/nappers though)

edit: also got white paint too.

#43 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

HAVE:  

Vintage Stainless Steel Pot  
Bonk Helm 
Noble Amassment of Hats 

WANT: 
Troublemaker's Tossle Cap 
Tippler's Tricorne 
Demoman's Fro

#44 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

Trading a charizard for a pikachu... 

#45 Posted by noibn (106 posts) -

Does anybody have black paint? I will trade white paint for it, or anything else on page 1 of my backpack. PM if interested, thanks.

#46 Edited by Brake (1089 posts) -
@noibn said:

" Does anybody have black paint? I will trade white paint for it, or anything else on page 1 of my backpack. PM if interested, thanks. "

I've got black paint and I'm willing to trade for white paint. 

Hit me up here: 
http://steamcommunity.com/id/borked/
#47 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
http://www.tf2items.com/id/Jax268    <- My backpack. 

I have:  
Hats: Vintage Baker Boy, Vintage Ushanka, Glengarry Bonnet, Old Guadalajara 
Misc: Dueling Minigame, 1x Series 1 crate, 1x series 2 crate. 
Weapons: Lots. 

I want: HATS. PAINT. NAME TAGS. METAL.
#48 Posted by DapperMan (102 posts) -

Have: Kritzkrieg 
            Flare Gun 
           Backburner 
           2x Crates 

Want: any pyro hats
#49 Edited by Bravestar (380 posts) -
@Jack268:  black or white paint for the old guadalajara?

@johnnysasaki: 2 crates and 3 items everybody has already for a hat? What?
#50 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@Jack268: What kind of metal would you want for that baker boy :D 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.