TNT?

#1 Posted by Gentlegamer (15 posts) -

I just listened to the Bombcast  . . . is TF2 the game for TNT this week? Is there a Giant Bomb server?

#2 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2721 posts) -

Yes and yes.

#3 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

It most certainly is!

tf2.giantbomb.com is the server. If that's full you can always try tf2.tested.com for some Tested madness.

#4 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

If You really listened to the bombcast, then You should know the answers to both questions.

#5 Posted by Gentlegamer (15 posts) -
@AlexanderSheen said:
If You really listened to the bombcast, then You should know the answers to both questions.
I listened at work, so I wasn't able to give it my full attention at all times, so I thought I'd ask here, since I couldnt' find any info on the site on my own.

How do I find the Giant Bomb and Tested servers?
#6 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -
@Gentlegamer said:
@AlexanderSheen said:
I listened at work, so I wasn't able to give it my full attention at all times, so I thought I'd ask here, since I couldnt' find any info on the site on my own.  How do I find the Giant Bomb and Tested servers?
@wolf_blitzer85 said:

It most certainly is!

tf2.giantbomb.com is the server. If that's full you can always try tf2.tested.com for some Tested madness.

#7 Posted by Gentlegamer (15 posts) -

Is there a password or anything?

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

It most certainly is!

They're the same thing aren't they?

#9 Posted by KarlPilkington (2729 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

It most certainly is!

I thought they were.

#10 Posted by Bloodlines (172 posts) -

It is just one sever right, can't remember that there were too severs. 

#11 Posted by Kowalo (91 posts) -

@Gentlegamer: Nope, no password

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

It most certainly is!

Okay sorry you are right on that. Either way both addresses will get you in on some tf2 with some whiskey media types.

#13 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

The Tested community play on it all the time, Thursday Night Tested should give it a boost in players for a while. Until next week's Thursday Night Throwdown at least.

#14 Posted by crazyleaves (646 posts) -

Where my homies at? I'm there almost every day since fools have been on it...

#15 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

tf2@giantbomb.com  or tf2@tested.com are not responding for me.

#16 Posted by Aishan (1015 posts) -
@Gizmo: tf2.giantbomb.com / tf2.tested.com with a period (.) not an @
#17 Posted by DeeGee (2125 posts) -

Just joined the server, my ping was around 200. Guess my plan to force myself into TNT despite being British won't be happening =(

#18 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@DeeGee: 200 is manageable. You'll be used to it in 15 mins.
#19 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

The server is packed, and no-one is leaving. If they are not going to rotate the players what is the point.

#20 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

I'm putting the giant bomb server into my saved servers but it said it was invalid
#21 Posted by D_W (1163 posts) -

@Gizmo said:

The server is packed, and no-one is leaving. If they are not going to rotate the players what is the point.

Last time they booted everyone and set different passwords each time they would clear the server.

Still it's going to be balls trying to get on during TNT.

#22 Posted by n0ne (50 posts) -

They only giving password to server to W. Members?

#23 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -
@n0ne said:
It would seem so, because they're not saying fuck all, or cycling regularly
#24 Posted by Crushed (884 posts) -

Tried to join the entire night, nothing happening. Whatever they were doing with the passwords every time they kicked people really messed up a lot of people trying to join.

#25 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
@Matoya
@n0ne said:
It would seem so, because they're not saying fuck all, or cycling regularly
I can assure you that I did not get a password. I did manage to get in for like 5 minutes before getting kicked, though.
#26 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

The password was for reserved slots so if  Will, Robin, MAG etc. dropped from the server they could get back in. 

#27 Posted by crazyleaves (646 posts) -

There was no password. I got in and played and did not have a password. It sucked though cause they flipped the map before we finished our round. :(

#28 Posted by Allison (264 posts) -

I got in for the last round and Will praised Norm for killing me in the finale. Also, literally minutes after the stream went offline I found a sweet hat.

All in all a pretty awesome TNT. <3

#29 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Just started playing this again when it went F2P, geez, people are freakin good. I'm only good with the Pyro now, every other class, I seem to be totally out matched. But I also forgot how good this game is. Now i know why I played it for so many hours, in the months after it came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.