Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Unlike some people I've never idled in my life.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420
    not that idling is
    not that idling is "bad", I just like saying I've never done it

Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys play TF2? Have you gotten into the trading aspect of it?

I have, I have quite hard. It's almost like it's own separate game. Singing the "buy low, sell high" mantra, staying atop of the changing trends in prices. Reading "news", if you will, about how a new game is going to have these promo items. All while being fair to buyers and sellers. Like any economy you have all kinds of scum. People who will hack your account and sell everything for a quick scrap, some others just rip you off, and lastly you have the ingenious thieves who will impersonate a trusted "middleman" and buy your unusual hat for zero dollars.

I could write a lot more about this, for example there are tiers of rarity apart from the game's own. These are set by the community. I could write about how there's this one guy who literally has 100s of hats each worth $1000 or more which he bought from his own pocket. Who is this dude!? This mystery among others will have to be left for next time.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420
    not that idling is
    not that idling is "bad", I just like saying I've never done it

Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys play TF2? Have you gotten into the trading aspect of it?

I have, I have quite hard. It's almost like it's own separate game. Singing the "buy low, sell high" mantra, staying atop of the changing trends in prices. Reading "news", if you will, about how a new game is going to have these promo items. All while being fair to buyers and sellers. Like any economy you have all kinds of scum. People who will hack your account and sell everything for a quick scrap, some others just rip you off, and lastly you have the ingenious thieves who will impersonate a trusted "middleman" and buy your unusual hat for zero dollars.

I could write a lot more about this, for example there are tiers of rarity apart from the game's own. These are set by the community. I could write about how there's this one guy who literally has 100s of hats each worth $1000 or more which he bought from his own pocket. Who is this dude!? This mystery among others will have to be left for next time.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

Should've posted in the TF2 boards bro ;) 

But yes, when I was playing TF2 heavily a few years ago, I was way into trading. I've only played it a couple times in the past year, though (when Pyromania came out). 

Oh, and no, I've never idled.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jams

WHAT'S ALL THAT SHIT THE PYRO IS WEARING???!?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

The moment I saw you had to pay money to open crates, my interest in the trading/crafting portion of the game died.

I still like to play the game though.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artofwar420

@Jams: PYROMANIA, SON.

@Kidavenger: Well, you don't have to buy keys. Granted someone is doing that, but people sell keys for metal all the time.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By crazyleaves

I've never idled either. I also have an unusual kabuto that every Russian on the planet seems to want. I will only take cash and everyone tries to swindle me! I got it on a random drop so it means nothing to me. Cash or keys mofos.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By artofwar420

@crazyleaves: Wait, unusuals never drop. Where's my paddle.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By crazyleaves
    @artofwar420 it's a green energy kabuto, the only crate I ever opened were the holiday ones. It is crazy rare but it can happen.
    49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By 49th

I don't like the trading part of TF2 at all, it's mostly full of the worst people.

I have never idled either, in fact I barely care about cosmetic items at all now since I have hats I like for every class.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Nottle

I've never idled either. Not quite sure how it works.

The worst thing is I have some Earbuds for playing on Mac and every day I have people ask me about them.

Speaking of trading I have like 20 crates I'll give it to someone for a hat from either Deus Ex, Skyrim or Assassin's Creed. Or a luchadore mask. Or maybe some refined metal?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By artofwar420

@crazyleaves: Funnily enough, I opened like my 5th crate and boom, unusual. It was during the Halloween season a bit ago. Has cauldron bubbles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.