Where the hell is the heavy update?

#1 Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY (821 posts) -

I kind of hoped for an update a month. I would be happy even with just the details of the heavy update at this point.

#2 Posted by McPlated (133 posts) -

It probably will be out for the 1 year anniversary - so about one more month to go, ace.

#3 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

Be patient, geez. It was a lot longer than a month in between the Medic and Pyro updates. They will release them when they're ready.

#4 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Sorry, but what is the heavy update?

#5 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

They haven't even told us what the weapons will be, so this could take a while.

#6 Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY (821 posts) -

Valve said something along the lines of "we have this system down now, so the next updates won't take nearly as long."  I guess they were speaking in Valve time.

#7 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
GIVEMEREPLAY said:
"Valve said something along the lines of "we have this system down now, so the next updates won't take nearly as long."  I guess they were speaking in Valve time."
Indeed....only 2 classes done! Everyone will be playing some other game by the time all the updates are out.
#8 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yeah, I usually check for any info like every day. :(

#9 Posted by Callik (138 posts) -
GIVEMEREPLAY said:
"Valve said something along the lines of "we have this system down now, so the next updates won't take nearly as long."  I guess they were speaking in Valve time."
Yup, Valve always take their time with these things. Id be nice if they could speed things up though since it's going to take another year at least for the rest of the classes get their updates at this rate.
#10 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -
Homer said:
"Sorry, but what is the heavy update?"
An update to the Heavy class. Just like the medic and pyro update. Details besides what character is next, have not been released.
#11 Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY (821 posts) -

TF2 is my outlet for creative thought a lot of the time, whether it be in thinking up new weapons or new ways to use the weapons they have created. If I knew which weapons were set to be in the new update, I could at least try to figure out what Valve was trying to do/fix with the new update, and what the new effective tactics will look like. As it stands, I'm too excited about the update news to be interested in TF2 as it is now.

#12 Posted by Dakota (248 posts) -

I think they want to work on the new type of terrain for some new maps, which was reported about a week ago. When they have that down, I'm sure they will have multiple class updates ready to release at the same time.

#13 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -
Bass said:
"Homer said:
An update to the Heavy class. Just like the medic and pyro update. Details besides what character is next, have not been released."

I actually have no idea what the medic and the pyro update were. I'm new to TF2
#14 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -
Homer said:
"Bass said:
"Homer said:
An update to the Heavy class. Just like the medic and pyro update. Details besides what character is next, have not been released."

I actually have no idea what the medic and the pyro update were. I'm new to TF2"
Well if you havae the 360 version, these updates aren't available to us yet. If you have the PC version, by getting certain achievements, you can unlock different weapons.
#15 Posted by TracedVelocity (50 posts) -
#16 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

want to see the new weapons!

#17 Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY (821 posts) -

As you can all see, Valve felt pressured by my post and felt the need to release the heavy update news. That's the only plausible answer.

#18 Posted by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

Nice work

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.