Who else finds this to be the best MP game ever?

#1 Edited by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

TF2 is without a doubt the best multiplayer experience i have ever played, I just wish more people played it pn 360 because you really have to play it on PC to get a taste of how great it really is.

Can anyone name a better MP game than TF2?

#2 Posted by IndieBoy (109 posts) -

BF2
Though I dont play it any more, it will always be in my heart for my favourite game ever.

#3 Posted by ParadoxControl (172 posts) -

I think this is going to vary from person to person. Some might argue that Halo 3 is a better Multiplayer shooter then TF2. In some ways I can see that. Matchmaking has never been done right except in Halos case. Halo set the bar for building a multiplayer community pretty high. I think though, that I have more fun with TF2. Either its the light hearted yet still bloody style, or the older community coming back from TFC, that creates a much more fun and friendly aditued among the people that play TF2. Which is what I like so much about the game. Not only is it vary well balanced, not only is it over the top and vary sytlized, but it also has a vary mature community serounding it that dosn't tend to act like your typical XBL 15 year old.

#4 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -
ParadoxControl said:
"I think this is going to vary from person to person. Some might argue that Halo 3 is a better Multiplayer shooter then TF2. In some ways I can see that. Matchmaking has never been done right except in Halos case. Halo set the bar for building a multiplayer community pretty high. I think though, that I have more fun with TF2. Either its the light hearted yet still bloody style, or the older community coming back from TFC, that creates a much more fun and friendly aditued among the people that play TF2. Which is what I like so much about the game. Not only is it vary well balanced, not only is it over the top and vary sytlized, but it also has a vary mature community serounding it that dosn't tend to act like your typical XBL 15 year old.
"
I completely agree, I'm just curious what people think are superior and if they have legit reasons.
#5 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

it isn't bad, I just think it could be slightly better... community support kicks ass.

#6 Posted by masterlink43 (43 posts) -

I think TF2 is the best multiplayer game ever too. Unlike ParadoxControl, I think its community is much better than Halo's because it uses servers rather than matchmaking. While matchmaking is good for finding games with evenly skilled people and having a full group, servers foster community growth. People play on the same servers often and grow to know everyone else there. I know I only joined the Stompfest site because I played on their servers so often.

#7 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

TF2 is an awesome multiplayer game and i'd feel comfortable saying that its the best multiplayer game i've played since COD4 just because i enjoy it more. Heres to hoping they add vehicles to the game one day, i'd love little vehicles designed around each class.

#8 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

Yeah TF2 isn't the same on 360.  But there are other great multiplayer games too.  For example Battlefield 2 and Company of Heroes would be up there with TF2 for me.

#9 Posted by Cribba (290 posts) -

A better multiplayer game than TF2? Easy!

For team based multiplayer, Return to Castle Wolfenstein (no, not Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory) and for the ultimate deathmatch experience, Quake III Arena. It's to bad no one's playing RTCW these days.

#10 Posted by Kohe321 (3522 posts) -

Tf2 is very fun, but I tink bf2 at it's high is hard to beat. There's just something really awesome with the variety of the gameplay in battlefield. Helicopters, planes, tanks, cars and a lot of classes as well. Theres nothing like getting a bunch of friends together in a squad and ventrilo, and cap half the map together by just playing good teamplay. :) I agree, though, tf2 is really awesome and among the best shooters.

#11 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Best MP? WoW if you consider that MP. But if not, I would say that Left 4 Dead will take that title in November.

#12 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

its okay for me. My favorite alltime was Halo 2 . Man I had so many epic battles in that game

#13 Posted by RickyBobby (5 posts) -

I don't think you can get much better then Team Fortress 2. Maybe in 20 years when TF3 comes out?????

#14 Posted by ozzerdale (1 posts) -

yea i agree the game is jacked on 360 but i love it so much i play it anyways im trying to get xp to run o my macbook pro so i can play it how its sapost to be played

#15 Posted by dartagnan (71 posts) -

It is certainly the best I've ever played, 6 months of non-stop Team Fortress and I'm still not bored of it.

#16 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -
RickyBobby said:
"I don't think you can get much better then Team Fortress 2. Maybe in 20 years when TF3 comes out?????"
Lol, QFT
#17 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Yeah, I think TF2 is one of the best. But it depends on my mood really, sometimes I still enjoy some good old Counter Strike

#18 Posted by Tovan (633 posts) -

I'd say it's the best on the PC, but the thing that makes it great are the updates and balance, so the consoles really lack there.

#19 Posted by JayJay (31 posts) -

In my opinion:

Friends around? - Best Multiplayer is Super Smash Bros.
Alone? - Best Multiplayer is Team Fortress 2.

My 2 favourite series :D
#20 Posted by JayJay (31 posts) -
Tovan51 said:
"I'd say it's the best on the PC, but the thing that makes it great are the updates and balance, so the consoles really lack there.
"
Definatly.  Don't forget the community and user-created maps. Those are awesome too.
#21 Posted by The_Specter (5 posts) -

Considering the fact that I play it at least five days out of the week, I'd definitely say it is high on my list of favorite games.

#22 Posted by cool_myll (23 posts) -

Btw matchmaking will come to TF2 too after L4D release.

#23 Posted by McDazzle (544 posts) -

Definitely my favorite multiplayer game

#24 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -
cool_myll said:
"Btw matchmaking will come to TF2 too after L4D release."
According to who? Are you talking about on the 360?
#25 Posted by Forzen (89 posts) -

One of the best, not sure if its the best though.

#26 Posted by Peter_J (151 posts) -
ParadoxControl said:
"I think this is going to vary from person to person. Some might argue that Halo 3 is a better Multiplayer shooter then TF2. In some ways I can see that. Matchmaking has never been done right except in Halos case. Halo set the bar for building a multiplayer community pretty high. I think though, that I have more fun with TF2. Either its the light hearted yet still bloody style, or the older community coming back from TFC, that creates a much more fun and friendly aditued among the people that play TF2. Which is what I like so much about the game. Not only is it vary well balanced, not only is it over the top and vary sytlized, but it also has a vary mature community serounding it that dosn't tend to act like your typical XBL 15 year old.
"
Ditto.
#27 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Its not the best, but one of the best.  I really enjoy all of it, and it makes the Orange Box *that* more heavenly.  

#28 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

The only reason why I might call it the best MP game ever is because I'm still playing it. It's a good game, but I can't say its the best one I've played.

#29 Edited by Vafthrutnir (120 posts) -

I wouldn't call it the best but its the one that has kept my attention longer than any other MP game besides CS1.6.

#30 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I wouldn't say the best but it is very good.

#31 Posted by VaultBoy (194 posts) -

It's one of the better multiplayer games.  My favorite FPS multiplayer game was Tribes and Tribes 2.  There's something about the skiing and jump jets that makes that experience better than any other FPS.  I had some great times dueling where maintaing your speed to land, ski, take off and try to blast our opponent became quite hectic.  In addition playing the heavy and pounding away with mortars or being a medium "engineer" was fun.  Anytime I play a shooter online, I really miss the ability to take to the air.

But, the TF2 expereince is close to the fun I had playing COD (1), so it puts it right up there as one of the best multiplayers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.