Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Will we ever get the updates on the 360!!!

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jNerd

I love TF2 but I totally feel left in the dark without the updates. COME ON! How hard would it be to swap them over to us console muggz!!! Plz Valve!

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

Yep! Here's how you get the updates:

Install Steam on your PC
    Download Team Fortress 2
    Play Team Fortress 2
    Enjoy!

DavidLeeRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DavidLeeRoth

From Shack News, Yesterday:
    (Inteview with Valve's Doug Lambardi)

When asked about a possible console release of the Team Fortress 2 Addonsthat PC gamers have been receiving for free, such as new maps and weapons, Lombardi stated that the company was still discussing the specifics of pricing.

"We're accumulating a lot of TF2 content for PC and at some point there'll be a sweet amount of stuff that's ready to go and large enough that if people have to pay for it [on consoles], they'll be happy," he noted. Earlier in the year, Lombardi told Shacknews that the content was likely to hit Xbox 360, but wasn't sure if it would arrive on PS3.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bass

So, we'll probably have to pay for it? Why the hell should the 360 be any different than the PC in terms of support?
    I blame ms.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Demilich
    Bass said:
    "So, we'll probably have to pay for it? Why the hell should the 360 be any different than the PC in terms of support?
    I blame ms.
    "
    Oh it feels goooooooooood. The irony, it's sooooooo niceeeeeeeeeee.
    osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By osmiles
    Bass said:
    "So, we'll probably have to pay for it? Why the hell should the 360 be any different than the PC in terms of support?
    I blame ms.
    "
    That statement seriously brought a tear to my eye. I'm so happy, thank you bass.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arjuna
    Word up.  Yeah, I'm dying for the 360 upgrades.  Thanks for the quote Dave Lee Roth.  I found that very interesting.  i've been scouring for info on a 360 upgrade forever.  *snicker*  Demilich has finally had his day.  Every major franchise has been on console, and when console players don't get an upgrade, he rubs it in their face, as if PC players have it so good.  (rolling eyes)Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Halo, Resident Evil, etc.  I could go on, but I'd pretty much be naming every major game ever, hahaha.
    _blank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _blank
    Arjuna said:
    "Word up.  Yeah, I'm dying for the 360 upgrades.  Thanks for the quote Dave Lee Roth.  I found that very interesting.  i've been scouring for info on a 360 upgrade forever.  *snicker*  Demilich has finally had his day.  Every major franchise has been on console, and when console players don't get an upgrade, he rubs it in their face, as if PC players have it so good.  (rolling eyes)Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Halo, Resident Evil, etc.  I could go on, but I'd pretty much be naming every major game ever, hahaha."
     not to flame or anything but those were all on pc, i had a copy of final fantasy VII and VIII for pc that came from korea (since my cousins live there and PCs were more popular back then). You can get resident evil 2 and 4 on pc. Gears came with a few extra levels, and halo, well no one really plays halo but we got 1 and 2. If your going to stick out an example like that choose some console exclusives please. Also all those games were modable on pc, including RE 4. And lasly pc got all the 360 updates for free, for example, mass effect.

Consoles do have its perks though, like not having too upgrade, thats why im planning on a ps3 later (since most 360 games go to pc eventully)
    derevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By derevo
    Bass said:
    I blame ms. "

I blame Al Gore....and Vlad Putin, this seems to have "Russian Social Experiment" written ALL over it.
    HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By HitNRun

Before this thread veers wildly out of control:

The moral of the story is that when you have the opportunity to play a game for a PC or a console, you should be aware of the pluses and minuses rather than just assume the same experience.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

It is MS's fault,Valve would definitely release it for free but you can't put content out on XBL for free ,they won't allow it(at least until its been a few months and you have something else to put out after wards)

I believe once they update all the classes fully they'll throw the update to 360 as well though.  Honestly though, the paying is really dumb,I would think it could just come in the form of an "update" literally ,and not an expansion to buy at the xblm,but I guess not.

LordWhite1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By LordWhite1

Wow, I didnt realize the 360 guys never got those 2 updates so far, man oh man, the Ubersaw and Backburner are nice indeed.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich
    Arjuna said:
    "Word up.  Yeah, I'm dying for the 360 upgrades.  Thanks for the quote Dave Lee Roth.  I found that very interesting.  i've been scouring for info on a 360 upgrade forever.  *snicker*  Demilich has finally had his day.  Every major franchise has been on console, and when console players don't get an upgrade, he rubs it in their face, as if PC players have it so good.  (rolling eyes)Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Halo, Resident Evil, etc.  I could go on, but I'd pretty much be naming every major game ever, hahaha."
    I don't rub it in peoples faces, but I like it when PC gets a good game. Also Halo and Gears of War are on PC too. In fact I'm playing Gears right now and it's a lot better on PC.

I do think games are much better on PC (With the exception of Third Person Action Games), but with piracy and the success of consoles this generations it's pretty funny watching everyone flock to their crappy overpriced versions of games. But for the few that I really want, exclusive to consoles I bought a PS3.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By xruntime

Third person action games? Like almost any MMORPG? Better on the PC.

PC is better for most games, but the profit isn't there.

dartagnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dartagnan

Okay, let's not get into a 360 vs pc fanboi war.
    360 people have to pay for the upgrade because microsoft doesn't like giving out it's bandwidth for free, simple as that.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Yit

Go buy the PC version. You can run it.

Abunai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Abunai
    dartagnan said:
    "Okay, let's not get into a 360 vs pc fanboi war.
    360 people have to pay for the upgrade because microsoft doesn't like giving out it's bandwidth for free, simple as that.
    "
    This
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arjuna
    _blank said:
    "Arjuna said:
     not to flame or anything but those were all on pc, i had a copy of final fantasy VII and VIII for pc that came from korea (since my cousins live there and PCs were more popular back then). You can get resident evil 2 and 4 on pc. Gears came with a few extra levels, and halo, well no one really plays halo but we got 1 and 2. If your going to stick out an example like that choose some console exclusives please. Also all those games were modable on pc, including RE 4. And lasly pc got all the 360 updates for free, for example, mass effect.

Consoles do have its perks though, like not having too upgrade, thats why im planning on a ps3 later (since most 360 games go to pc eventully)
    "

Those games that've been said aren't exlusives, because they eventually went to pc, are still exclusives in my mind.  Yeah, Resident Evil 4 came to the PC...  like THREE years after its original gamecube release!  I remember the PC version of Gears coming out like a YEAR after the 360 version.  And it surely could only have been a joke when it was said in this forum that noone plays Halo 3.

The main reason there have been these incremental upgrades to the PC version of TF2, and also other PC games like WOW, is to keep the game code changing so that pirated PC versions becomes obsolete.  They don't need to do this for the 360 version because it's so difficult to pirate console games.  Further, the reason I think there are so few PC games in general is because half of the PC users are pirates and will make copies of games as quickly as they can.  What kind of a developer wants to sell to ppl like that?  Not the business smart.  That's why consoles and their games are better; because they're so difficult to pirate, allowing the money to go back into the developer's  hands to make another good game.  If people think console games are too expensive and want them cheaper, then they should buy games made in China buy sweatshop workers, hahaha.  Now that would be one crap game, hehe.
    DavidLeeRoth said:
    "From Shack News, Yesterday:
    (Inteview with Valve's Doug Lambardi)
    When asked about a possible console release of the Team Fortress 2 Addonsthat PC gamers have been receiving for free, such as new maps and weapons, Lombardi stated that the company was still discussing the specifics of pricing. "We're accumulating a lot of TF2 content for PC and at some point there'll be a sweet amount of stuff that's ready to go and large enough that if people have to pay for it [on consoles], they'll be happy," he noted. Earlier in the year, Lombardi told Shacknews that the content was likely to hit Xbox 360, but wasn't sure if it would arrive on PS3.

"

RyeBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RyeBread

PC is so much better I have both. And I doubt it will every get updated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.