Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team17 Software Limited

Company »

Team17 is best known for developing the Worms franchise. Originally a publishing company known as 17-Bit Software, later changing their name to Team 17. The company started out developing games for the Amiga.

Team 17 Has Plans For WiiWare

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

British developer Team 17 is planning on working with Nintendo's WiiWare service. Team 17 studio director Martyn Brown has spoken to GamesIndustry on the importance of downloadable games, and how the industry is quickly moving towards virtual gaming.

Brown also expresses his concerns about Nintendo's online strategies, and despite the challenges developing for the Wii and WiiWare creates, he has confirmed that the studio are planning titles for Nintendo's download service.

"I think there's a lack of maturity on the Nintendo side - there are, what, 30 or 40 million Wiis out there, but I'm not quite sure how many users are connected. My theory on Nintendo in that because of the way they handle online gaming as a number, they're two steps away from social interaction - and the shopping experience isn't so great, either."

"I think they know they've got to get a presence there because that's the way it's going"

Anyone for Wiiorms on WiiWare?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'd like to see a worms on WW just to have another classic game on it, but they should try to offer something new as well... Try to expand.

Maybe fuse worms with liero style realtime local/online multiplayer gameplay? That could work...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah, I want something new also, maybe a new game from the back catalog perhaps... as long as it's not Leisure Suit Larry, with some freaky motion controls.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I liked the last line he said.

"I think it is possible to make good profit without screwing the consumer."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.