Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tearaway

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 20, 2013

This papercraft-inspired title comes from LittleBigPlanet developer Media Molecule.

Reviews are out!.....Best reason to get a Vita ?

• 63 results
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By RonGalaxy

@beard_of_zeus said:

I bought Zelda yesterday in lieu of Tearaway, but it's getting harder to not want to buy Tearway as well. I just know I'm probably going to spend a bunch of money this coming week on cheap games, so I'm trying to be semi-fiscally responsible.

It could go on sale for black friday (online). I think it's worth the 35 dollars I spent, but Im also not buying very many games in the next few months (nothing coming out is interesting to me)

Avatar image for spiderjerusalem
    SpiderJerusalem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SpiderJerusalem

As someone who has played most every notable game this year...this MIGHT be my game of the year.

I haven't finished it yet, but it has been a LONG time since I've played something so charming and fresh. I've been grinning like an idiot all morning playing this.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So I'm definitely picking this up as it looks great.

But I only really felt the need to post in this thread to remind everyone that Spelunky is also one hell of a good time on the Vita.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NegativeCero

This is one of those games that I want to buy just to support the developer. Not that I wouldn't want to do that for any game I buy, but this game got buried by X1 and huge Nintendo games.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

@beard_of_zeus said:

I bought Zelda yesterday in lieu of Tearaway, but it's getting harder to not want to buy Tearway as well. I just know I'm probably going to spend a bunch of money this coming week on cheap games, so I'm trying to be semi-fiscally responsible.

It could go on sale for black friday (online). I think it's worth the 35 dollars I spent, but Im also not buying very many games in the next few months (nothing coming out is interesting to me)

Best Buy ended up putting it on sale for $30 this morning, so I went ahead and bought it :)

Excited to go pick it up from the store and play it!

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It hasn't grabbed me quite like I had hoped it would, but it's a really good game. Super cute, controls a lot better than LBP.

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is pretty great, you guys!

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Name 10 Vita games that are better than Tearaway.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gerrid

I just finished it and it's got to be one of the most joyful, delightful games. So much detail and all the little touches. The customisation is addictive and so easy. Watching the credits (and listening to the amazing music) and all I want to do is jump right back in.

No Caption Provided

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By emfromthesea

Arrived in the post today. Cannot wait to get to playing it after college.

I also made a point of checking, and yes, the reverse cover features the girl mascot. Just in case your like me and prefer that design.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a love letter to people who play and support video games. It's fantastic. I highly recommend playing it.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished it yesterday, that ending felt so genuine. Gameplay was pretty bare bones but the music and visuals are amazing, no aliasing in sight and I can't believe they went through the trouble of animating all those small paper folds you walk over.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I also made a point of checking, and yes, the reverse cover features the girl mascot.

Neat, I'm so used to European publishers not bothering with those I didn't even check.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Just finished it - I fucking LOVED it!

I'll echo other posters in saying that it ends very strong - though I can't think of a moment where it dips. It continually introduces new mechanics and gameplay elements, plus there were some legitimately challenging platforming segments which left me very pleasantly surprised. I honestly never thought a game would use the Vita as a platform so damn well.

This game is an excellent reason to get a Vita, and if you're planning to pick one up definitely consider it. I will say, though, that the best reason to buy a Vita remains (and will likely always remain) Persona 4 Golden.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing game. Best game on the vita so far for me besides P4:G and a very worthy contender for the game of the year-title.

I don't know what you can expect in the future but I really, REALLY hope that this will make some money so that media monecule will continue making these kinds of experiments.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.