Tecmo Bowl Wii Put Hold, But It's Coming To XBLA

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Tecmo Bowl Wii has been put on hold in favour of a new game, "Family Fun Football"....

Tecmo announced a Wii version of the classic Tecmo Bowl back in early 2007, since then, zip sh*t has been heard about the new Wii game. Now with "Family Fun Football" on the way, it's lead many fans including me to wonder what the hell is happening.

According to G4, due to the "larger target Audience on Wii" the company made a business decision to switch to a more family orientated football approach, with Tecmo Bowl heading to Xbox Live Arcade instead.

Thoughts?

#2 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

If it was so bad they realised they can't possibly sell it for $50 @ retail and therefor it's gone over to a digital distribution platform (though, why not WiiWare?) then that's fine by me...

#3 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I doubt it's bad given the fact it's based on the original, which was a blast despite it's obvious limitations. Maybe it's the file size restrictions, if not , it should come to Wii Ware.

To hell with this lame attitude, it's a wind up given the game was born on a Nintendo platform, where it was much loved by me and many other NES owners in the late 80s. I will play it on XBLA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.