What was the best Tekken?

#1 Posted by Yourfriend (36 posts) -

Tekken 3 was the best for me, it was a very good even for the ps1, it's still one of my favourite games today!

#2 Posted by Soap (3575 posts) -

Tekken Tag Tournament, same fighting engine as Tekken 3 with slightly better graphics and also had every character so far in the series.

#3 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -
Yourfriend said:
"Tekken 3 was the best for me, it was a very good even for the ps1, it's still one of my favourite games today!"
Agreed
#4 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yeah, I had some good times with Tekken 3 in arcades.

#5 Posted by Xymox (2076 posts) -

While I liked the idea of having all the characters in the same game, I had some great times with Tekken 3

#6 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

Tekken 3 or Tag, can't decide actually.

#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I personal favorite would be Tekken Tag Tournament.

#8 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

I'd go with Tekken 3 for the memories!

#9 Posted by xv0id (61 posts) -

Tekken 3

#10 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Just like everyone else... Tag and 3 were my favorites.

#11 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Tekken Tag.

#12 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

3 by far!

#13 Posted by Hexproof (177 posts) -

Probably Tekken 2

#14 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -
Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekkn 5 are my favorites.
#15 Edited by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

Tekken 3, despite the fact my favorite character Kazuya Mishima wasn't in it.

#16 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

No contest here. Tekken 3.

#17 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'd say Tekken 3 is absolutely the best I've played. I kind of lost touch with the series after a series of problems with Tekken Tag Tournament. Not problems with the game persay, but it was the first game I rented on PS2 and the copy was totally screwed up and froze after every couple fights. Then I took it back and exchanged it for another one, which like didn't work at all or something. Heh. Bad luck, I guess. Tried getting into Tekken 5, but the gameplay felt so stiff and dated after all that time had gone by, and I had definitely lost my Tekken skills after all those years as well, so I didn't enjoy it much.

#18 Posted by SunBurntYeti (60 posts) -

Tekken 3, but I really enjoyed Tekken 4 aswell.

#19 Posted by alexl86 (620 posts) -

Tekken 3 was the best of the franchise, no arguments about it. The only thing I don't really like about it are the console exclusive characters.

Tekken Tag was little more than a cash in from Namco's part, it was basically just an updated version of Tekken 3 with bonus characters from 2. It's a launch game, it was just there to sell consoles.

Tekken 5 comes second, it featured the best aspects of Tekken up until that point, which meant they removed most of the stuff they added in Tekken 4 and included nearly 40 characters. Still, it's Tekken 3.5 made for a PS2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.