Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

Is the online fixed yet?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

I was originally disinterested in this game, but I just played a bunch of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection on a lengthy plane ride and now NEED to get into some serious online fighting with this game.  However, I remember Jeff saying how broken the online was when the game came out.  So is it playable at all now, or is it still busted??

Jikla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jikla

Well they have patched it for the ps3. Here's what the patch did:

Improved input response: improvement of the game’s responsiveness to button / command inputs
    Selectable search priorities for ranked matches: players will be able to set search priorities for opponents in ranked matches based on comparable rank or connection quality as well as location
    Optimized data transmission between fighters and spectators: fight data will be optimized in order to reduce the bandwidth load on the host’s console
    Signal strength bars: the signal strength bar will reflect connection quality more accurately
    Chance to cancel match: players will be able to cancel the match before it begins once the opponent’s signal strength has been displayed on ranked matches.

[Impressions]

So how does the online mode hold up now?

Having played over 15 matches since the patch has gone live, there is definitely a huge improvement to the netcode. We’re not sure what Namco did, but whatever it was, it worked.

copy and pasted from ps3attitude.com

I have also tested it online, and it's better now than before.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Shadow
    @Jikla said:
    "

Well they have patched it for the ps3. Here's what the patch did:

Improved input response: improvement of the game’s responsiveness to button / command inputs
    Selectable search priorities for ranked matches: players will be able to set search priorities for opponents in ranked matches based on comparable rank or connection quality as well as location
    Optimized data transmission between fighters and spectators: fight data will be optimized in order to reduce the bandwidth load on the host’s console
    Signal strength bars: the signal strength bar will reflect connection quality more accurately
    Chance to cancel match: players will be able to cancel the match before it begins once the opponent’s signal strength has been displayed on ranked matches.

[Impressions]

So how does the online mode hold up now?

Having played over 15 matches since the patch has gone live, there is definitely a huge improvement to the netcode. We’re not sure what Namco did, but whatever it was, it worked.

copy and pasted from ps3attitude.com

I have also tested it online, and it's better now than before.

"
    That's good to know.  How about the 360 version?  I have both systems so this is an option, but I'd prefer to be able to play against people on my friends list.
    Jikla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jikla

The patch is out on both versions. I got the ps3 version since I think the D-pad is better on ps3 and I don't want to waste my money on an arcade stick :/ The graphics and gameplay is the same on both versions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.