Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

Namco Working On Tekken 6 Online Patch

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

If you read yesterday's Tekken 6 review, where I go on for a bit about how the online part of the game falls somewhere between "unpleasant" and "unplayable," then you might be interested in this update. We received this note from the game's publisher today...

Hello,

To improve the online game experience for players of TEKKEN® 6, NAMCO BANDAI Games is developing a downloadable update which will be available as soon as it has passed rigorous testing procedures.

More details regarding the content of the update and the timing of its release will be announced shortly.

This is separate from the online co-op Scenario Campaign mode update which is scheduled for release this winter.

Thanks for playing TEKKEN 6, and keep on fighting.

- NBGA PR

Color me hopeful for the future. Tekken 6 with more functional online is a much more appealing product than what's currently on shelves. We'll let you know if we hear anything more specific.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff

If you read yesterday's Tekken 6 review, where I go on for a bit about how the online part of the game falls somewhere between "unpleasant" and "unplayable," then you might be interested in this update. We received this note from the game's publisher today...

Hello,

To improve the online game experience for players of TEKKEN® 6, NAMCO BANDAI Games is developing a downloadable update which will be available as soon as it has passed rigorous testing procedures.

More details regarding the content of the update and the timing of its release will be announced shortly.

This is separate from the online co-op Scenario Campaign mode update which is scheduled for release this winter.

Thanks for playing TEKKEN 6, and keep on fighting.

- NBGA PR

Color me hopeful for the future. Tekken 6 with more functional online is a much more appealing product than what's currently on shelves. We'll let you know if we hear anything more specific.
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

That sounds like a step in the right direction for Tekken 6. I may even buy it if they get the net code to the right level.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HypoXenophobia

If the patch was substantial, would the game get re-reviewed? Or, does the site only review the game as is?

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turtlefuzz

"Good."

I died of laughter just now.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I haven't picked this up yet due to the sucky online, so "good" is really all that is needed to be said of the matter :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Would improved multiplayer be enough to bump it up to 4*?

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

I dunno man... Like why wouldn't they work on this stuff BEFORE the game ships?  They couldn't have been suprised.
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @Atomic_Tangerine:
    The same could be said for Fable 2 and a day one patch. Things work out in a weird ways.
    Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ma7moud

I played over 60 matches online since Tekken 6 was released and very few of them were laggy.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By dbz1995
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    "

If the patch was substantial, would the game get re-reviewed? Or, does the site only review the game as is?

"
    This is a question that needs answering. Jeff, I am right outside your house, and I will not hesitate to persuade Vinny to cast Bufu upon you all. Answer this question.
    Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Siphillis
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    "

"
    it's generally not proper etiquette for a critic to re-review a product beyond footnotes or an addendum (see Lair, The Orange Box, Assassin's Creed) unless re-released.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Rigorous testing, eh?  Well, if the retail on-shelves product went through rigorous testing as well, then I question this testing!

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nettacki

No one has clarified to me as to how there are mixed comments on the online play...

Some say it's fine, others say it's terrible. Which one is it?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By trophyhunter

I've played over 40 online matches and only one of them have had any noticeable lag at all. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MysteriousBob

Thank God for that. Tekken 6 has the best fighting yet so it was crushing to discover how unplayable the online was. Thankfully I have people to fight offline but still...

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CSXLoser

i played 4 and they were so bad i left online for good...

tell me when the patch is out.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ma7moud
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    "

"
    Probably the review will remain the same, but there will be a note at the end of the review saying that a TU has been released after the review that fixed the lag issues.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18  Edited By Symphony

Fingers crossed that this addresses the latency issues!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JJOR64

That's some good news to hear.  :)

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By beargirl1

i am now going to buy this game

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @Siphillis:
    I don't know, I remember last year when Nick Suttner re-reviewed Socom because the patch was substantial in his opinion that it meritted a re-review. I don't know Jeff or Giantbomb's stance is on patches which is why I asked.
    Davola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Davola

I already decided to pick this up anyways, since i have a group of friends who are into Tekken. But this news is definitely a relief. Maybe Namco isn't so bad all the time.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ferrarimanf355

I didn't get to online playing yet, just going through Scenario Campaign atm. Is online really that bad?

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Tackchevy

I've clocked over 400 matches online... Jeff's assessment is pretty much the reality; the process goes like this: select your character for online - wait a few seconds while it processes .... then maybe one third of the time you get a network error message and are kicked back to the online lobby. In the event you get paired with someone, there is maybe ten percent chance that there is hardly any noticeable issue with timing lag. The majority of the time the game is just different; playing online does not provide you nearly as much reaction time, and you have to enter combinations sooner to connect. Maybe twenty percent of the time the match will die halfways through. And oh yeah, my personal favorite- when I hit "lucky" to get to the second level of bonus roulette, I get a network error 100% of the time that makes PSN think that I disconnected, so it penalizes my record by taking away the win and marking it as a loss. Thanks.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#25  Edited By Lazyaza

This is a sign that the game was rushed to meet a certain release date. I just don't understand why so many devs still don't polish a game properly before it releases. 
    Whats the point of trying to sell something early if it means people aren't going to buy it because its a broken piece of shit?   They should have delayed it, fixed the online, then released, wa-bam; better reviews, more sales.

D3adend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By D3adend

Weird, the game should have better online stability, as Soul Caliber wasn't bad.  This patch should have also been ready at day 0, as well.

b_radt007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By b_radt007

I'm still trading it when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, this is something that should have been fixed before the game shipped.  No excuse.  It was delayed a freaking long time to begin with.  I won't be buying another Tekken game unless it gets godly reviews (and I've bought each one since Tekken 3). 

Scenario Campaign is just not well designed, and the load times were extremely annoying.  Not good enough for me.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    "

"
    They shouldn't re-review it. Downloadable updates shouldn't be a crutch for developers to lean on. Get it right at launch. If we praise them for something for fixing a problem that should not have been present from the start, this gives them more leeway to be more lax in the future. Back in the days before downloadable updates, developers were much better about polishing their games, because they couldn't just issue an update to save their sorry asses.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Media_Master

So I'll wait...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.