Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

Tekken 6: Hands-On And A Whole Lot More

• 69 results
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By xymox

Weapons? lolwut? Tekken VS Soul Caliber get?

Blazer74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Blazer74

Here is the real reason why fighting games will never, ever be popular again like they used to as demonstrated by Tekken, Jeff has said that it was because the games got too complicated....nope, that is not it. the real reason was that they made sooooo many of them they used up all the ideaa that were out there, which brings us to Tekken 6. I haven't played one these since TekkenTag and this looks exactly the same. Yay?

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Media_Master

Excitment is in the air!

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Turtlefuzz

To say that Tekken never changes is true, but I mean what to do you expect. I Love Street Fighter 4, but that plays almost identically to the classic Street Fighter games, and no one complains about that.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

i've only owned one serious fighting game, soul calibur II, and i liked it when it came out. i recently rented sc IV and sf IV, and they were both basically the same as scII was when i played it so long ago (with the obvious exceptions of added graphical/gameplay polish.) after one game, i've tired of the fighting genre because all of the fighting games essentially boil down to the same thing, even more so than other genres. so i'd like to be really excited for tekken 6, but i can't bring myself to care.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By RHCPfan24

Doesn't look like anything worth writing home about.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Sunjammer

Spilledmilk, saying SFIV is like SC2 is insane. That comparison makes my stomach turn.

I'm one of those that seem genetically incapable of enjoying Tekken. I do like SC and VF, so 3d fighters don't inherently bother me, but Tekken has always felt like a bloated mess of a game to me with little concept of its own identity. Compared to fighting games with clear ideas of what they're trying to do, Tekken has always struck me as a hopelessly generic victim of featuritis. I don't see how this game really improves on Tekken 3. Which i also couldn't enjoy. It makes me wonder why people buy them. They're still using some of the same animations still. Same old dudes doing the same old shit, again.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By Mushir

If I get a PS3, Im buying this game. It's been too long since I've played Tekken now.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Bob VS Bryan.

Who will win?

Who will care?

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Doomshine

I don't know why people expect the existing fighting game franchises to be the ones that innovate the genre. It would have to be a new IP for that.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By kraznor

Yep, thats definitely Tekken.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By EvilDingo

The music in that first video reminds me of something they would put to the intro fight sequence of a DOA game.. although it's not Aerosmith.

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

I love me some tekken, but this looks like its borderlining on half-assery. Also, screw that one chick, AND GIVE ME SOME EDDIE GORDO GODDAMN IT!!!!!

seram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By seram

Hmm...

fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By fishinwithguns

I don't think I ever played Tekken 4 or 5, but MORE FIGHTING GAMES is awesome...I think I'm done with nearly every other type of genre for the time being at least

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By get2sammyb

I love me some Tekken. Surprised at the number of people who aren't really interested in this.

Doobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Doobit

This just begs the question; How many kangaroos would it take to beat down a panda?

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Gregomasta

I like the 2 kagaroos.  Is Paul supposed to be Ken?  Whats with big fat guys in fighting games now?

Ronnock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Ronnock

I feel as if people don't understand or are refusing subconsciously to understand why the little "red-blotches" or "red-flares" are in the game after each connecting hit, that's because that's a Tekken staple. It's like the Hadouken from SF, if it wasn't in there all of a sudden in SFIV or if Ryu's was a different color than blue, everyone would flip, but when we see a very similar staple in a new iteration of Tekken, everyone seems to hate it. I personally enjoy the fact that it is still in there, because it makes it feel more like a Tekken game than a DOA or VF knock-off, which is exactly what Tekken was trying not to be. 

And as for button mashing, that's very understandable with games like SC and DOA, but Tekken, VF, and or SF? C'mon! Those games are no where near akin to button mashers, infact, in almost all iterations of those games, if you were to press one button, the characters MAYBE and I mean MAYBE do a 3 hit combo at MOST, if that. 

@ FTStyle, the whole reason we even got a SFIV was because capcom wanted to reprise its fighting wonder on a next-gen console, why else do we even continuously make new fighting games? I mean, there's not many places to go with innovation other than maybe adding visual damage (Tao Feng anyone?) so what would be the point of making new fighting games other than to hone cleaner animations and enhance the visual aesthetic? I don't think there is any other reason. 

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Deusoma

There is a truly epic level of disinterest flowing from my body at the moment. I care not for more Tekken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.