I suck, any tips?

#1 Posted by D34dM4n (150 posts) -

I just got Tekken 6 and have been trying to play it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can. The movement is weird and the fighting requires a timing I am just not getting. I am trying to go through arcade mode and I just getting whipped quite harshly by almost all the fighters and going online is a terrifying concept. Does anyone have any tips or know any videos that could help me out? Or maybe get in an online match and try to teach me something (you know, if you have the time and/or patience)?

#2 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -
#3 Posted by D34dM4n (150 posts) -

definitely dude. if you dig it up msg me at D34d5D00r

#4 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -

@D34dM4n:

Also, if you want a "starter" character then I would recommend Paul Phoenix or Marshall Law. Worry less about combos at this point and more about smacking the enemy into the ground. If there are any characters you find yourself gravitating towards then check out Tekken Zaibatsu. They've got lists of combos and links to videos for each character, though they are a lot more hardcore about it.

#5 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Use more skill.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.