Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 26, 2007

The sixth main installment of the Tekken series brings improved graphics and animation, new characters, and new gameplay mechanics (including destructible stages).

tekken 6 for xbox 360

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamerpigeon

with the complete no show of tekken 6 (as far as im aware) at e3 from namco and sony , im beggining to wonder the rumour that tekken will see the light of day on the xbox 360 , which will be great for me as its the only game left that would make me buy a ps3 , and since there too much i probably woulda passed tekken this generation, but as i say with the complete no show at e3 and no mention of it in sonys press conference despite its impending release , leads me to belive that it will see a timed exclusivity on the ps3 , like other such namco titles like the surperb 'Eternal Sonata' had on 360

so i think it will be about 6-8 months or less after ps3 for the 360 release

what do you guys think ?????

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I'm kind of burned out on Tekken. I'd like to see somebody totally blow me away with a brand new fighting game concept. Alas, I don't believe that will happen anytime soon.

That being said, I still enjoy playing the first three Tekken games from time to time.
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By calf_exercises

Its already out in arcades in japan and its aparently going to be on the PS3 by the end of the year but I wouldnt take that as firm date. But yer i would be surprised if it went multiplat

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By roofy

it just seems like Tekken gets prettier and loses gameplay.
    they keep adding costumes for the characters but nothing innovative to the fighting

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

Let's hear them announce Tao Feng 2! ...Just kidding.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine

Yeah I could see that.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlindEffekt

I dont see why not, personally i love tekken and i think it would be awesome.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SSbabel

Tekken is a great fighting series i would love to see it come to the 360.

capitanm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By capitanm1

So whats new with this game, is out or what? I lost intrest in it a while back.

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DeeJay

Seeing as the arcade game was built on PS3 hardware I would be pretty suprised if it was announced for 360.

I'd also be fucking pissed off because I bought a PS3 to play it.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azteris

I don't see why them not talking about a game (that has been Sony exclusive for what I think may be near 10 years and 7 - 8 installments) that nothing has been released for (no trailers, no gameplay videos, no nothing) makes you think it's now on the 360. This is almost as bad as people that suggest Metal Gear Solid 4 would be a 360 release too. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that you have little to no intelligent reasons listed as to why this might happen.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shocker

I could see it coming to the 360. But who knows.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlindEffekt
    Azteris said:
    "I don't see why them not talking about a game (that has been Sony exclusive for what I think may be near 10 years and 7 - 8 installments) that nothing has been released for (no trailers, no gameplay videos, no nothing) makes you think it's now on the 360. This is almost as bad as people that suggest Metal Gear Solid 4 would be a 360 release too. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that you have little to no intelligent reasons listed as to why this might happen. "
    Take final fantasy. What do you think is the larger title between the two? I think theres a great chance of Tekken Coming to Xbox.
    Its Namco were talking about, i mean come on if they do it with soul caliber, why not tekken?
    And just so you know, tekken was on gameboy advance and arcade, not really an exclusive but hey whatever you like.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gamerpigeon

as Blindeffekt said , if final fantasy is able to make the jump why not tekken?  anyways namco have already shown there love for xbox 360 with titles like

katamari
    eternal sonata
    ace combat 6

so clearly they feel imo that 360 is the better platform for there titles , and im think im right in saying that tekken seels more in europe and usa than in japan so to neglect the 360 install base for the less ps3 owners out there would seem stupid , im not dissing the ps3 but there arnt as many ps3's as 360's out there , red ring or not lol

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By godzilla_sushi

So I guess you all think Tekken is still relevant with better fighters out there? I could do without it personally.

Just think about this:

Soul Calibur 4
    Street Fighter 2 HD
    Street Fighter 4
    Small Arms
    Virtua Fighter 5
    Dead or Alive 4
    MK VS DC
    Guilty Gear from Xbox Originals
    Even Mortal Kombat 3 from XBLA

As far as fighters go that's about the best available. Most superior to Tekken and all on the 360. If you ask me, I don't think it matters.

That's what I think. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.