Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 26, 2007

The sixth main installment of the Tekken series brings improved graphics and animation, new characters, and new gameplay mechanics (including destructible stages).

What are the chances of a port?

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dj

I want this game but don't want to shell out for a PS3 just to play this game. Is there a chance of a 360 port?

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Kaycon11
    Dj said:
    "I want this game but don't want to shell out for a PS3 just to play this game. Is there a chance of a 360 port?"
    I think it is highly likely. The game is published by Namco, the same people who publish Soul Calibur, and look how Soul Calibur, so far it's sold about 200,000 on 360 and 100,000 on the PS3, its a 2:1 ratio between the system and it's doing better on the 360, Namco would be stupid not to port it to the 360 unless Sony throws a boogle load of money at them, which I don't think will happen because Sony don't do that and it's only a fighting game, it's not gonna sell 6 mil copies.

Plus, the game was suppose to come out Q4 of last year, now it looks like it's not gonna make this year, it's been out in arcades since the end of last year and I guess the arcade system is built on semi PS3 parts or something like that, so it should not be taking this long to port the game to the PS3. I just have a gut feeling they're porting it to the 360, I think it would have been out by now if they weren't. But in my case it don't really matter because I have both a 360 and a PS3, but I would deffinitly perfer a 360 version.

But I think we will find out more on Tekken 6 at TGS this year, I think it's in September, if they were gonna announce a release date or a 360 version to launch day and date with the PS3 version, Tokyo Game Show would be the place for them to do it.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I would say probably not. The previous poster is right about Namco, but we have yet to see a Tekken game on Xbox, or any other non-Sony platform (except the Game Boy Advance). Sony would really be kicking themselves if they lost another exclusive. However, as Kaycon11 pointed out, the sales could be a factor and could possibly cause them to bring it to both consoles, but I really don't see it happening.

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kaycon11
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I would say probably not. The previous poster is right about Namco, but we have yet to see a Tekken game on Xbox, or any other non-Sony platform (except the Game Boy Advance). Sony would really be kicking themselves if they lost another exclusive. However, as Kaycon11 pointed out, the sales could be a factor and could possibly cause them to bring it to both consoles, but I really don't see it happening."
    I understand your points too, they are all good, your point about Tekken games only being on sony platforms except for GBA and not on the Xbox is correct, but the reason for that is the sales, the PS1 was killing the Saturn plus the saturn prolly wasn't strong enough for Tekken or Tekken 2 and by Tekken 3 it was totally dead, and the PS2 was outselling the xbox like 5 to 1, so it made no sense to port it to the xbox, an american made system, but now the 360 is out selling the PS3 by a little less than 2 to 1 and looking at third party sales on games, 360 game usually outsell PS3 versions 2 : 1. Also, the GBA sold a shithouse of units, so naturally they released a GBA version.

And like I said, this is Tekken, it is a fighter, it would be a victory sales wise if it were to sell 1 million copies, this is not a game like halo or some other shooter thats gonna sell 5 million copies. So I don't know if sony will shell out the bones for it, plus, I think Microsoft would be more willing to throw money at namco to release it on both the 360 and PS3 on the same date, kinda like Final Fantasy 13, which I think is a bigger shocker then Tekken 6 going to the 360 if it happens.
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AaronBelfast

Ahh no, Sony owns half the rights to half of Tekken, wriggle your wayout of that one Kaycon.

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kaycon11
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Ahh no, Sony owns half the rights to half of Tekken, wriggle your wayout of that one Kaycon."
    Actually why don't you prove it, I can't find anything that says that, the only thing I've found is where it says they did not make anymore GBA games due to the franchise's exclusive deal on the PlayStation platform, but...Who the hell knows what the exact deal is, the deal could be up, it could be over next year, it could be by a game by game basis, All I know is that the game was slated for a Q4 2007 release, the arcade made it, but the PS3 version got pushed back to '08, and as of right now, it looks like it's not gonna make 2008, which could mean they are working on a port, or they could be stalling for their exlcusive contract to end sometime next year, All I know is the arcade cabinets are built on PS3 tech so the game should not be that hard to port over the the PS3, what the hell else could be taking so long???
    DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DeeJay

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=158693

That sums up all of the arguments as to why it won't be ported pretty well I think.
    In my opinion, its possible, but don't hold your breath. And while Tekken may not sell so much that Sony will spend millions to keep it exclusive, Microsoft may not be willing to pay millions for the very same reason.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By alexl86

Tekken 6 will sell a lot on brand name alone, but since there's roughly twice as many 360's out there still, they'd at least be able to match the number of sales they'll get on the PS3, and MS would be able to keep Sony's unit number lower. That's the only way I see this coming to the 360, if MS puts out some money for it.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#9  Edited By dudacles

I heard they decided to port it. :p

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Demilich

Roughly 100%.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Demilich said:
    "Roughly 100%."
    Roughly? I'd say exactly.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Ahh no, Sony owns half the rights to half of Tekken, wriggle your wayout of that one Kaycon."
    Oh, sweet irony...
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Yea, I agree with most people, it could happen but it's highly unlikely.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By dsplayer1010
    dudacles said:
    "I heard they decided to port it. :p"
    That's what I thought. I thought they announced it back at TGS.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snail
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PureRok

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.