OMG. Tekken Tag 2.

#1 Edited by Baillie (4068 posts) -

Is anyone as ecstatic as me? HOLY SHIT. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2! The best fighting game is back. Woot. 

Characters shown so far are: Kazuya, Jin, Asuka, Leo and briefly Heihachi

Hype?

#2 Edited by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

Dang, too many Tekken games coming out.  Should I play this or Tekken x Street Fighter?

#3 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Link?

#5 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Well damn,if Tekken 6 had a lot of characters imagine how many this one will have.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24255 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Well damn,if Tekken 6 had a lot of characters imagine how many this one will have. "
I'm trying to imagine a character select screen with pretty much every Tekken character ever, including the ones that only showed up in the first Tekken Tag Tournament.  It is blowing my mind.
#7 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @Lemoncookie01 said:
" Well damn,if Tekken 6 had a lot of characters imagine how many this one will have. "
I'm trying to imagine a character select screen with pretty much every Tekken character ever, including the ones that only showed up in the first Tekken Tag Tournament.  It is blowing my mind. "
Like this?
#8 Posted by Baillie (4068 posts) -
#9 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

I wonder what the boss will be this time?

#10 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

Tekken Tag was the first PS2 game I ever bought and is one of my favourite games ever.

#11 Posted by Hailinel (24255 posts) -
@C2C said:
" I wonder what the boss will be this time? "
I'd personally love it if they brought back Unknown.
#12 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Holy this, this has made my week. I always wanted this. 

I pray this includes all characters from the series history. It would be insane, but dream match fighting games always are. 

@ChickenPants said:

" Tekken Tag was the first PS2 game I ever bought and is one of my favourite games ever. "
Same here. 

Does this mean they'll be P-Jack, Jack, Jack-2, Gun Jack, Jack 5 and Jack 6? God, I hope so because that would be brilliantly stupid.
#13 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Agreed with the incredibly greasy OP! Tekken Tag 2 ftw!

#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The first oen is probably the worst Tekken game so I'm not too interested in this.

#15 Posted by Baillie (4068 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Are you joking? It was clearly the best. Tekken 3 was awesome, then Tekken Tag built on it, made the graphics amazing and added a tag feature. 

You're wrong. Very wrong.
#16 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" The first oen is probably the worst Tekken game so I'm not too interested in this. "
Yeah, fuck the obscure OEN series! 

Getting back on topic, Tekken Tag Tournament was, by far, the best Tekken game ever made. They took the best Tekken (3) and added an excellent tag feature and a shit load of more characters. I'd love to see the concept with the new characters (like Miguel who is now my personal favourite of the whole series).
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Baillie: Tekken 3 was awesome then Tekken Tag did nothing besides add the tag feature and have some stupid lady boss. It was a waste of time.
#18 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Tekken died after 3 for me, although I did enjoy tag I feel it's better suited as a 1v1 game.

#19 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Didn't Tekken 6 have like 85% of all the Tekken characters ever?

#20 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Give me my Tekken bowling.

#21 Posted by The_Patriarch (277 posts) -

Awesome. TTT is probably my favorite Tekken game. I still play it regularly, unlike 4-5-6.

#22 Posted by agentboolen (1757 posts) -

This is definitely great news!!  I really enjoyed the Tekken Tag on the PS2.  Lets hope they have good online multiplayer were you can have each person control a character 2vs2 or 3vs3.  That would be really a lot of fun.

#23 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I remember Tekken Tag being the only Tekken (except 3) I really enjoyed. Hope this one will be good too even though I'll probably stick with Street Fighter.

#24 Posted by Baillie (4068 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: I wholeheartedly disagree. Tekken Tag is the superior of the two. Adding all the old characters and having Kazuya and Devil tag together was one of the coolest things in the world. Also, bowling.
#25 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

Yeah the original wasn't great, I'm not super excited about this one (or any tekken game after 6)

#26 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@ChickenPants said:
" Tekken Tag was the first PS2 game I ever bought and is one of my favourite games ever. "
same here.
#27 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Yus!

#28 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
@Baillie said:

" Is anyone as ecstatic as me? "

I'm fucking hyped, I've wanted a new Tekken Tag for so damn long. I was a little surprised I beat everyone to making the page for it here on Giant Bomb. 

@JJOR64 said:
" Dang, too many Tekken games coming out.  Should I play this or Tekken x Street Fighter? "
Get this and play it while you wait for Tekken x Street Fighter. This is coming out first. 
Saying that though, this game isn't out until summer next year, and that's just the Japanese arcade release, so they're all a good while off yet. 

I want a tag team of Devil Jin and Devil Kazuya, and Asuka and Jun. 
Young Heihachi is interesting because it doesn't look like they've made Kazuya younger, so that would make him older than Heihachi... that's weird.
#29 Posted by Yummylee (21464 posts) -

Fighting games really making one rough push to the front, these days. Mostly sequels, if not all, though, I've noticed.

#30 Posted by Humanoid (206 posts) -

If there's no turkey bowling, then I'm not buying it. 

#31 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

super hyped. twice as many jacks since the first tekken tag, let's see who makes the cut

#32 Posted by wrathofconn (1460 posts) -
@Abyssfull: New fighting IPs would not sell well these days, thus the sequels and crossovers.

I am very excite.
#33 Posted by AnotherDuder (151 posts) -
@Newten: Young Heihachi?! WTF are you talking about?
#34 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

OOH!
#35 Posted by Cegoraph (148 posts) -

I can't say I'm enthused by the new Tekken game. The series has gotten stale, and hasn't evolved after Tekken 3. Don't get me wrong, I immensely enjoyed the series from 2 to 5, but I'm worn out by Tekken. Hopefully, Tekken x Street Fighter will be a nice fresh change of pace for the series.

#36 Edited by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

This will be the first Tekken game I get since the first Tekken Tag Tournament.

Also, ending:

hasibd: gg!
Pessh: **** off

#37 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" Didn't Tekken 6 have like 85% of all the Tekken characters ever? "
Yeah, it had most Tekken characters. But there's still some characters, like Jun and Kunimitsu who are in high demand to come back. I want them to come back too.
#38 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

Definitely hyped for getting this one! <3

#39 Posted by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

SF X Tekken
Tekken X SF
Tekken Tag 2 

FUCK!

#40 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I totally forgot this was a thing that's actually happening.

#41 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" I totally forgot this was a thing that's actually happening. "
Me too.
#42 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -

Jun was announced to be in the game a while back. I can't wait. It'll be be nice playing as Jun again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.