Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Community thread

• 62 results
#1 Edited by musclerider (594 posts) -

Now that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out and everyone can get their grubby mitts all over it I though thought I should make a thread where duders can find other duders to savagely beat into the ground (or air in Tekken's case).

So if you're looking for like minded people to play with please post your gamertag, skill level, and timezone. 

Edit: @Demoskinos and @Deadpan have gone ahead and created 360 and PS3 teams (respectively) on the World Tekken Federation website so if you wish to join send them an at reply in this thread. 

I have not personally played a Tekken game since having a demo disc for the PS1 that had a demo of Tekken 3 with two of the characters in it. So I'm looking to have some fun with this game and hope to find other people who wish to do the same.

GiantBomb UsernameConsoleGamertag/PSNSkill levelTime Zone
MuscleRiderXbox360MuscleRiderXBeginnerEST
DemoskinosXbox360Demoskinos
jnw93PS3jnw93Beginner/AverageGMT
M_33Xbox360 m33td3thlAdvancedEST (Canada)
DocHausXbox360 Kleptobot Novice EST 
MVP1101Xbox360 MVP1101 Beginner Mountain 
csl316Xbox360 csl3l6 Intermediate Central
 DeadPan PS3HellaSpawn666 Intermediate London GT 
Hunter5024  PS3Squall5024 "amazing."  PST
lilBigSuperMario PS3 ogaitnas_nj Beginner PST 
 lockon_onePS3 spectre0415 Intermediate PST 
 Connerthekewlkid Xbox360Conlac   

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

Mo' fucka I'm down. Demoskinos same as my username I'm on 360. We should try to get a World Tekken Federation thing going... if the website is working now.

#3 Posted by jnw93 (23 posts) -

Im in!

Console: PS3

PSN: jnw93

Skill level: beginner/average

Timezone: GMT [everyone gets the game in the EU on the 14th of sept, but i got mine 2day for some reason XD]

#4 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Let's play some TEKKEN!

Console: Xbox.

Tag: m33td3thl

Skill level: Advanced.

Time zone: EST. (Quebec, Canada)

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@M_33: Pfft... advanced.

1. Spam Ogre's fire breath x 1000
  2. ????????????
  3. Profit

=P

#6 Edited by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

@musclerider: put me down for some action.

System: XBAWKS

Gamertag: Kleptobot

Skill level: I played Tekken 6 awhile ago but forgot almost everything so...under average until I can remember how to play again?

Zone: US East

Note: I usually show up really fucking late at night (EST) or really freaking early in the morning. Shoot me a friend request if you want to make things easier.

#7 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -

Console: Xbox360.

Tag: MVP1101

Skill level: Not very good

Time zone: Mountain time

I mostly play at night
#8 Posted by csl316 (9428 posts) -

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but I've been playing since Tekken 2. Might need to brush up on the tag mechanics a bit, though.

Anyway:

csl3l6 (2 L's), 360, intermediate, Central time.

#9 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@M_33: Pfft... advanced.

1. Spam Ogre's fire breath x 1000
  2. ????????????
  3. Profit

=P

I was trying to teach you the expert, highly advanced tactic of crouching, but getting roasted's cool too!

#10 Edited by DeadPan (346 posts) -

Console: PS3

Tag: HellaSpawn666

Skill Level: Intermediate/A little above that

Time Zone: London GT

Love this game

#11 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

My psn id is Squall5024, my skill level is "amazing", and PST is basically my time zone.

#12 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

Thanks for the impromptu sparring session. I'm starting to like this Dragunov/Jack-6 SOVIET DAMAGE team of mine.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@DocHaus: Ugh. Jack is bad news if he gets you cornered. Haha. Good fights though.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@musclerider: @M_33: @DocHaus: @csl316: @MVP1101: Hey, if you guys are interested I started a "Team Giantbomb" federation over at http://wtf.tekken.com/team/view/xbox/2663

Anyone is welcome to join up. I hope to see some more of you online! =)

#15 Edited by csl316 (9428 posts) -

Just finished installing, practice mode go!

And apparently I'm too dumb to join the team. Account's made, on the page, don't see anything for joining.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@csl316: Hmm... I think the site might not be 100% working yet. I know Jeff said the other day it was totally busted. Its still not showing me as on a team in game either. =\

#17 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

@Demoskinos: From what I've skimmed over, I think that you have to be the one to invite us.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@DocHaus: Hmm...well then.

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@DocHaus: @csl316: @M_33: @MVP1101: Okay, you were right DocHaus and took me a while to find the actual invite button! But find the button I did! Give me your Tekken Federation names if you want a invite and I'll send them out next chance I get.

#20 Posted by csl316 (9428 posts) -

@Demoskinos: csl316 (with an L and a 1). Though my gamertag is csl3l6 with two L's out of necessity.

#21 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -
@Demoskinos I don't have a TF name yet because the site is down but I'm in
#22 Edited by M_33 (527 posts) -

@Demoskinos: My name on there is ''M33t''. Please let me be a part of the cool kids club!

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@M_33: Have you linked your XBL tag? It found your username but said your tag wasn't linked on 360 yet.

#24 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

I think my copy will arrive tomorrow and I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag Tournament 1 so I'll rate myself beginner since a lot have changed since then. :)

PSN: ogaitnas_nj, beginner, PST

#25 Posted by lockon_one (93 posts) -

Console: ps3

Tag: spectre0415

Skill level: intermediate

Time zone: PST

#26 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -

@Demoskinos: TF name is MVP1101

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -
@MVP1101 Cool Im at work ATM I will invite you in about 3hrs or so.
#28 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1843 posts) -

gamertag conlac

#29 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1501 posts) -

If you want to see some high level ass Tekken play; RIP, a top 8 EVO finisher is playing a set against Alex Valle, former TTT1 national champion on his stream right now.

#30 Posted by csl316 (9428 posts) -

@M_33: Holy crap, now that's a record.

#31 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

@Demoskinos: My name on WTF is Kleptobot (just like the gamertag), so invite me to the group.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@DocHaus: Invitation sent sir!

If anyone else wants to join up @ reply me in the thread. And make sure you link your accounts!

#33 Edited by DeadPan (346 posts) -

Il reset it up later, seem like alot of people here dont have it on PS3 on here!

#34 Edited by musclerider (594 posts) -

As I was out of town for a while my friend has my copy of the game and now I need to find a way to pry it from from his grip so I can actually play the thing. 

@Demoskinos: Surprisingly enough my WTF id is MuscleRider.

#35 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

Wow I suck at this game... current record: 7 wins 19 losses. It took me 10 or 12 losses before I got my first win haha!

Anyone looking for an easy opponent, add me! lol! :P

#36 Posted by mra138 (58 posts) -
@Demoskinos: Hey my name on there is We Are Venom.

I'd like to join.
#37 Edited by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@mra138: Done.

Done.

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

Haha you actually put "amazing." I wish I didn't play at 3 o clock in the morning, it's especially tough that late. The only people who are playing after 1 am are either nocturnal, great at Tekken, or foreign, and lets face it, those are all the same thing.

#39 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@M_33: Good matches. Didn't win a single one but considering you're a pretty decent player and I'm fucking TIRED AS FUCK and couldn't think straight I think I did okay for myself.

#40 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

I got two wins in ranked, and then my power decided to cut out just as I was on the verge of my third.

The universe is against me when I play Tekken, swear to god.

#41 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

@Demoskinos: You did good! I was eating a lot more Asuka counters than I'd like to admit, but I definitely saw some improvement from the last time we fought. I recommend watching these videos so you can start learning proper juggles. There was a lot of damage potential that you were missing out on.

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

Oh man..... 65 hours later and I finally S-Ranked this game. Getting Tekken Lord offline took FOR. FUCKING. EVER.

#43 Edited by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

@Demoskinos: That trophy didn't feel so arduous to me, it's the stupid survival mode for 10 rounds thats killing me. Feels like I've spent more time doing that then getting my Asuka and Hwoarang to Tekken God. Been to 8 and 9 like a dozen times too. Props to you for getting past that.

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@Hunter5024: That trophy is stupid easy. Pick both the jacks. Hold back and press "X" or "Square" depending on your console. If you time it right the CPU will run into the move EVERY time and after the first hit you can also press the button again for a follow up hit. Its pretty damn easy. Do the same thing to clear Arcade mode solo if you have trouble with that.

#45 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

@Demoskinos: I... can't believe that worked. So much wasted time. Thanks dude, I would have never thought to try Jack.

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (15135 posts) -

@Hunter5024: Yeah, the A.I. is pretty damn easy to exploit even the smarter "ghost" ones. =p

#47 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Slap my name down on that list, mscupcake91 Xbox360 and a beginner but I learn quickly 8)

#48 Posted by hexenducted (3 posts) -

I'm BLIFIL on PSN, am terrible.

#49 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

Got my Platinum/S Rank as well. I think I may have to stop playing Tekken for a while if I'm going to be in any sort of mood to tackle DOA when that's out.

#50 Posted by lockon_one (93 posts) -

@Demoskinos: just a question if ever you know, is ttt2 ghost mode capped at tekken lord? in arcades there is tekken god, etc. just thinking bec the trophy is only for tekken lord...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.