Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Sep 11, 2011

Tekken's tag-team spin-off returns for its second round, building on the game engine of Tekken 6 with a whopping 44-character roster (later updated to 59).

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Community thread

• 62 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi

@lockon_one: Yeah, there are two ranks beyond Tekken Lord. Tekken Emperor and Tekken God.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By lockon_one

@Demoskinos: thanx. good thing. before it went to consoles i saw some vids before in youtube with the True Tekken God ranking (i think highest). just curious if anyone reached it or if it is only for arcade?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By musubi

@lockon_one: I'm not sure online I'm sure there are people that are close although I usually play +/- 3 ranks of my own rank so I've never seen anyone crazy high online. As for offline ranks yeah I'm sure plenty of people have gotten it. The rank system confused me at first if your going to go for the achievement as well what I found out is that matches higher and lower than you don't seem to count towards your rank all that much so try to always fight people at your own rank.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lockon_one

@Demoskinos: oh ok. i just currently play ghost with lots of chars trying to discover some combos, tag assaults, chemistry, techniques etc. my highest is just seiryu, while the others are just around the vanquisher ranks. currently not really into online right now (the joystick i use for competitive play has got problems, also dont use dpad for fighting games) thats why i got curious when i saw the discussion abt the ranks. i was also hoping ttt2 will be capped at tekken god, not just tekken lord when the list of trophies came out. unlike t6 which was capped at 1st dan offline. thnx for the info!

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By DeadPan

Been playing tons of ghost battles to learn some stuff. At the moment im maining Kazuya with a mix of Bryan or Alex. Alex might be a joke character but he has some great mix ups for tag assaults and if he hits his combos can do a ton of damage. People don't expect the left-right-left-right medium kick from him.

Loving the Kazuya being able to transform into Devil, Devil has some decent mix ups. Anyone playing PS3?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By csl316

Oh man, they changed the team site again. Now I'm down to 0 team points, argh.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Hunter5024

@lockon_one: Also I believe that after Tekken God, you can still increase rank, but the names don't change, until you get to 100 and your rank is called "True Tekken God." For the crazies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba968afc02e5
    deactivated-5ba968afc02e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm down for this.

Usernamedinkys
    PlatformXbox 360
    Gamertaged1nkys
    Skill LevelIntermediate
    TimeLondon GT
    sudbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By sudbuster

I'd like to join in on this.

UsernameSudbuster
    PlatformPS3
    GamertageSudbuster
    Skill LevelAverage/Intermediate
    TimePST
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By DocHaus

After getting beat on a few more times online it's become clear that I should stop mashing buttons and start learning how to do tag assault combo things. If only I could set aside time to actually learn them.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By bearshamanbro

I found the latest ultrachen on TT2 really helpful. Learned a lot of great tips on getting up off the ground and they had some good match analysis.

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/333382828

I really need to learn some good tag assault combos, but I think they are a double edged sword. Seem best used to end rounds with as they still leave a lot of red health and put the tag partner in rage. My biggest issue is still mashers (mostly Lee, Hwaorange, Lars). Besides defensive grinding in practice mode, the best approach has been learning my safe mids and pressuring them before they get started.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By DocHaus

http://wtf.tekken.com/team/view/xbox/2663

How the fuck am I the one with the most team points and XP despite being so terrible? This doesn't seem right.

On the bright side, came back from a 2-0 deficit and won 3 rounds, my opponent sent me a rage-filled PM last night. I feel like I've accomplished something in-between my screwups! Yay!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.