Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Sep 11, 2011

Tekken's tag-team spin-off returns for its second round, building on the game engine of Tekken 6 with a whopping 44-character roster (later updated to 59).

tekken tag tournament 2 wishlist

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By lockon_one

Just announced awhile back, this will be arcade the intro of the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This was also announced in Twitter and Facebook by Katsuhiro Harada, so it is official. It is also in the official website (which is Japanese). 

Trailer shows Heihachi, Feng, Alisa, Miguel among others in action. Short cameos (?) are shown as well. Dont be surprised (or even complain) on the character partnerships shown in this video; seems that either game is non-canon or it has a different story. Im leaning more on it becoming non-canon though. Plus the remix of the old TTT BGM. Great! Another thing is that this is slated to be released around the same time as the Tekken CG movie entitled Tekken Blood: Vengeance.

Heihachi: There is a reason why  they made him look young. 
    Kunimitsu:  Still not here
     Anyway since there are a lot of videos hyping up Tekken Tag Tournament 2. what are your thoughts on this game? Like any game improvements, character balance, additional or returning characters you wish to see (ahem, Kunimitsu), nerfs, buffs, wishlists, etc. you might want to see in this game?  What are you looking forward to this game? Any current thing you have seen in the trailers you do not like? Any opinions? 
     Jaycee: Julia or Christie? Or entirely new?

Jun: Returning at last.
    lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lockon_one

Just announced awhile back, this will be arcade the intro of the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This was also announced in Twitter and Facebook by Katsuhiro Harada, so it is official. It is also in the official website (which is Japanese). 

Trailer shows Heihachi, Feng, Alisa, Miguel among others in action. Short cameos (?) are shown as well. Dont be surprised (or even complain) on the character partnerships shown in this video; seems that either game is non-canon or it has a different story. Im leaning more on it becoming non-canon though. Plus the remix of the old TTT BGM. Great! Another thing is that this is slated to be released around the same time as the Tekken CG movie entitled Tekken Blood: Vengeance.

Anyway since there are a lot of videos hyping up Tekken Tag Tournament 2. what are your thoughts on this game? Like any game improvements, character balance, additional or returning characters you wish to see (ahem, Kunimitsu), nerfs, buffs, wishlists, etc. you might want to see in this game?  What are you looking forward to this game? Any current thing you have seen in the trailers you do not like? Any opinions? 

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By s-a-n-JR

That intro was awesome, loved how they remixed the old Tekken Tag intro music. 

Looking forward to this game.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

can't wait. i also wish Kunimitsu were in there, and i don't really expect her to be either, but who knows what they'll decide to do by the time console versions get rolling. true ogre and jinpachi should be interesting, just hoping it'll be a well balanced game, but i have faith that it will be

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

I want mini-games ala tekken bowl and volleyball on the consoles (it lets me still play tekken after getting beat down lol).  And thanks for having Jun back.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lockon_one
    @RedEyesBlueBunny: i think what they will do is release an arcade version, see what things are needed to be balanced, then re-release a console. i hope thats not needed though. i played more in the console ever since i got the ps3 and work. kunimitsu should be damn back as well. 

@StrawHatLaw13: agree. really agree. i can settle for a tekken force mode as well, like a smaller scenario mode so I could get items and cash in the game. but not a scenario mode as in the tekken 6 scenario mode, where it was too excessive. i could imagine a tekken volleyball with 2 characters. think that will be dope.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By DjCmeP
    @StrawHatLaw13: Yes. I need me some Tekken bowling and I want Armor King and that final boss from the first Tag game to be in it too.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

As long as when I put Devil Jin and Jin on the same team they morph into each other I'll fucking buy it.

It's the little things that count. Plus I'm glad Miguel made it in. Of all the things I didn't like about 6, I really like Miguel.

Also Jaycee is gonna take her mask off and she's going to be La Mariposa. Who takes her mask off and Mika pops out...

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By sameeeeam

I'm looking forward to this game so much. The original Tekken Tag was my favorite Tekken. Rad intro.

lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lockon_one

fhere is the jun gameplay for those who want to see what is in store for the returning character...

i dont know if this devil kaz transformation is final. i feel dev kaz coming back, i dont feel retaining the pants, gloves after the transformation. the tekken tag transform is definitely cooler. hope they change this
    lockon_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lockon_one

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 test vids in South Korea

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.