Is anyone excited for Namco's take?

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

Although I do prefer the feel of Street Fighter I'm very interested in this version because I haven't played a decent 3D fighter since Soul Calibur 2. 

#2 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

Yeah i'm lookin forward to what they do. I'm probably more likely to buy the Capcom version but i like Tekken too. If they do anything different enough i might pick up both.

#3 Posted by s10129107 (1173 posts) -

i am.  i think it would be very interesting to see street fighter characters in the Tekken gameplay.  Zangief vs. Kuma.  Its about damn time.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Not excited, but interested.

#5 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

What the OP said sums up pretty much exactly how I feel about it. Love the 2d fighting in Street Fighter but I kind of know what to expect from the Capcom game (don't get me wrong, I am still really looking forward to it).  With the Namco game, I really don't know what to expect. I presume it will be in 3d, but what then of projectiles? I am really curious as to how they are going to approach their version of the game.

#6 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

I wish it was Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter, but still it's very awesome to see this kind of synergy between two franchises. 

#7 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think it will be utterly nonesensical. I would be playing despite the mechanics just to see some of the goofy shit they include.

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10362 posts) -

I am, as I'm not a big fan of 2D fighters (the exception being Smash Bros, which feels morel like a platformer), but I like 3D fighters (mainly Soul Calibur, but that is also a Namco product, so I'm thinking it may be fairly similar to Tekken). 

#9 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

I think what we will see is the SF characters a little more grounded and see a more technical side of them, whereas the other will bring out the more outrageous side of the Tekken characters

#10 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

I'm very excited and even more interested. Especially the projectiles. Will they be spammable? Will they be useless? How curious.

#11 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

I'm intrested to see what they do.

#12 Posted by CurtMan2k7 (123 posts) -
@RE_Player92:
I've Always personally been a Soul Calibur and Tekken fan, while i really enjoy SF and MVC2 & 3 and Mortal Kombat my favorites have always been the more fighting oriented games thus i like Tekken and Soul Calibur which are more combo and grapple moved focus instead of projectile craziness(while that is fun it gets old after a while IMO)  peace
#13 Posted by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -

I am so going to have a battle between Bob and Rufus.

#14 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They'll probably make a story mode and it'll be silly. I'll totally rent it. I don't count on loving the gameplay though.

#15 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

tekken is butt

#16 Posted by KillerZ (40 posts) -

Can't be exited right now, nothing about it is revealed. But i probably go the 3D way rather than 2D.

#17 Posted by probablytuna (3524 posts) -

I'm not that excited for Tekken X Street Fighter. I feel like the art style of Street Fighter X Tekken fits well with the Tekken characters. Not sure how Namco's gonna make Street Fighter characters look "realistic" in a Tekken style, which is why I'm interested but not excited about Tekken X Street Fighter.

#18 Edited by IchiroYagiza (442 posts) -

Not excited but curious to see how will turn out.

#19 Posted by xyzygy (9868 posts) -

The only 3D fighting series I like is DoA and Virtua Fighter 5... I think VF5 is the second best fighter to none other than SSF4. I really don't know if I'd like Tekken though. I don't even know how this game will work.    

#20 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Not until I see the first footage. I don't like Tekken, so if it looks like Tekken, which it probably will, I'm out.

#21 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I'm buying both day one. When has there been a bad Tekken game? I have played all of them and they are nothing if not consistent, I didn't buy 6 but what I played seemed alright. I am definitely interested to see their take on it.

#22 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I'm super excited for both of them.

#23 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Myself: Not at all.

#24 Posted by bearshamanbro (284 posts) -

Definitely, yes! This is the more interesting game of the two because it will take a lot of creativity to get the Street Fighter characters into the Tekken look and feel. For example, take Dhalism. In theory, there is no way most of his moves even work in a more realistic space. Now the game could end up totally broken, but should be interesting at least. I'll call it now, the hype will start when they show the first trailer with Cammy's ass and Chun Li with jiggle physics.

#25 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

I'm way more interested to see how Namco's version is going to look and feel and get received and all that, but if I'm going to play one it's going to be the Capcom game, no doubt.

Weird how that works.

#26 Edited by Catarrhal (817 posts) -
According to Katsuhiro Harada, Namco hasn't even started work on this. As we all know, they're currently working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2. And let's not forget the recently announced feature film Tekken: Blood Vengeance. We won't be seeing this game for a long-ass time, clearly. 

Never mind the gameplay disparities--from a sheer graphical standpoint, I have no idea how Namco plans to adapt the Street Fighter cast to complement the Tekken universe. It'll probably end up looking kinda like Street Fighter the movie.
#27 Posted by csl316 (7977 posts) -

Yep, I'm mainly a Tekken guy. But I wouldn't mind bringing Akuma in to take on Devil or something.

#28 Posted by rmanthorp (3852 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Not excited, but interested.
#29 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

I am more excited for this game than Street Fgihter X tekken because Ingrid might be in this game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.