I just don't understand how you do it tekken!

#1 Posted by papercut (3499 posts) -

On the Bombcast they were talking about how Tekken 4 was a let down and Tekken 5 was a step in the right direction. I agree with it I guess. I can also see how people say the Tekken series lost its appeal after Tekken Tag. BUT I don't understand why. All the Tekken games are the same game basically. Sure they'll have new characters and stages and what not. They'll have updated graphics and they'll push the story, but the mechanics of the game remain the same.

If you asked me which game was better, Tekken 4 or 5, I'd say 5. If you asked me why I would just give you a blank stare. When they were talking about it, they didn't really have an answer for it either. Can anyone put their finger on what the Tekken games change with each iteration or more to the point, the difference between 4 and 5?

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

All Tekkens are a let-down.

#3 Posted by papercut (3499 posts) -

again, I can see how you may think that, but i don't understand how some of them seem better then others

#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Because some have additions or changes that are worse? I'm pretty sure it's a personal opinion. I think you are looking too deep into such a simple statement said on the Bombcast.

#5 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
#6 Posted by papercut (3499 posts) -
#7 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I've never been a fan of Tekken (Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter do it better), but Tekken 5 actually looks promising.

#8 Posted by bulletclip6 (131 posts) -

hmmmm. I wonder why tekken is the only fighting game i have ever enjoyed? But 5 was more like 3 and 4 was more like crap. if that helps you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.