Someone Felt the Rich, Textured Fiction of Tekken Was Worthy of a Major Motion Picture

• 121 results
#51 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

I suspect this is even worse than the mighty Future Cops, but not in a good way.

#52 Posted by Khormouz (21 posts) -
@freshym said:
" The ONLY and I mean ONLY redeeming features of this movie are that the characters actually look like they do in the game and Christie's ass cleavage. "
How in the name of everything that is holy could I forget about the ass cleavage!? Christ, that and that hint at a threesome with Anna and Nina were the only memorable things now that I think back on it.
#53 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -
@Abyssfull: lmao i didn't even notice that on the poster until you said that
#54 Posted by rentfn (1280 posts) -

A friend of mine worked on the lights for this movie. He was sending me updates about how bad it looked. Excited to see how it turned out.

#55 Edited by LimpingFish (80 posts) -
@buzz_clik: Hell, it makes The Avenging Fist look like a work of cinematic genius! And at least that had Sammo Hung!
#56 Posted by paulunga (2019 posts) -
@LimpingFish said:
" @ryanwho:  He seems to be playing Heihachi during his pipe-and-slippers, pyjama's-in-the-daytime phase. In so much as he does absolutely squat during much of the movie. Except yell a bit.

@MoleyUK: Nope. Paul Phoenix is mentioned, though. In passing. As a loser. "
Didn't Paul win the first or second Tekken canonically?
#57 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -
@LimpingFish: I have never seen that film but I think I should because HOLY SHIT IT HAS SAMMO HUNG WEARING A STEEL FEDORA AND PLAYING A DUDE CALLED INSPECTOR DARK.
#58 Posted by Slurpelve (611 posts) -

TANG IT!!!!

#59 Edited by iizcallum (606 posts) -

This is actually out in the UK on DVD right now! I saw it in Tesco yesterday. Still wondering if that's a good thing, though.

#60 Posted by BD (253 posts) -

Is their a man with a leopard skin mask?

#61 Edited by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Action movies are no more a "story-focused medium" than video games.  Alex, you done goofed.  

#62 Posted by Teenage_Fansub (1 posts) -

I saw this on the same day I saw the King of Fighters feature, so I only recall it being pretty okay in comparison.

#63 Posted by Springfart (325 posts) -

saw this when it came out, just as horrible as every other video game movie ever made.

#64 Posted by AURON570 (1674 posts) -

"Survival is no game" OHHHHHH SNAP mind=blown...

#65 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

I was wondering what Shang Tsung was doing in that thumbnail.

#66 Posted by KinjiroSSD (694 posts) -

The lack of Kuma and Roger is disappointing. If you are going to make a bad movie, at least make it stupid dumb.

#67 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

hahaha. no one is safe from the VIDEO GAME MOVIE 

#68 Posted by the_9th_wonder (55 posts) -

What the hell?!  This is either a complete debauchary or the best thing ever.
#69 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Damn Alex, your pumping out GB content like a mother. I thought you guys were actually pretty shorthanded around Screened nowadays. Or are you letting those freelancers totally take over?

...or are you just in a news grabbing frenzy?

#70 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

Back when I sold plasma, they played this every day. I was told that it helped keep people awake during the blood draw because it made them angry.

#71 Posted by sparkster82 (12 posts) -

I saw it .
Guess what?
It's not as bad as you think (well i saw King of fighter with Ray Park just before ,so maybe I'm Crazy...

#72 Posted by Baraka528 (28 posts) -

T.A.N.G. WITH RYAN DAVIS

#73 Posted by TurboMan (7546 posts) -

It didn't look like the worst thing ever.

#74 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Oh man, I remember watching a trailer for this years ago.

#75 Posted by LimpingFish (80 posts) -
@buzz_clik: And he fights a dude dressed like M.Bison, who seems to have powers like Magneto!

As do Jin and Hwoarang, from Tekken 3...
#76 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

God, Alex's news headlines are so awesome

#77 Edited by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I don't know why, but I will probably watch this movie.

#78 Posted by Dimsey (954 posts) -

It's out here already. I've seen it. I thought the fight scenes were okay. And the chick playing Christie was hot. But yeah. That's about it.

#79 Posted by tankren (16 posts) -

I love the title.  The biggest reason I love it is because I don't have to read the rest of the article.  The title tells me everything I need to know.

#80 Posted by The_Boots (86 posts) -

Please tell me that this signals the imminent return of TANG!

#81 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

I forgot this came out.

#82 Posted by YukoAsho (2052 posts) -

TANG!

#83 Posted by KuribosShoe (640 posts) -

I am so fucking excited to see this.

#84 Posted by tourgen (4501 posts) -

I don't know what it is but I LOVE movies like this.  Straight to DVD.  Bad plot.  Bad acting.  Incomprehensible source material.  I'm actually looking forward to this.

#85 Posted by TheHakku (360 posts) -

For the love of god, tell me Shang Tsung doesn't morph into Heihachi. I hate this movie already.

#86 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
" Let's fighting love. "
Nice.
#87 Posted by bybeach (4831 posts) -

4 more of these, including one directed by Uwe Boll, and Ryan gets back to work.

No excuses!

#88 Posted by Skooky (476 posts) -

There certainly are a lot of guys from things in this movie.

#89 Posted by Solh0und (1775 posts) -

This movie has been out on the internet for MONTHS and you're telling me that NOW they want to release it on DVD/Blu-ray? 

#90 Posted by Erebus (52 posts) -

Absolutely rubbish movie that throws the entire Tekken lore out the window and uses a Dark Angel-esque setting of a crappy future run by corporations and each fighter represents a corp.

Would have made more sense to actually just use the established lore which makes more sense.

#91 Posted by translucentfish (127 posts) -

I actually knew the guy who cut the trailer.

He wanted to know if I thought it was as awesome as he thought it was.

I never responded. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
#92 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

WHY THE FUCK DOES HEIHACHI LOOK LIKE SLOTH FROM THE GOONIES
#93 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1456 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
"Let's fighting love. "

Protect my balls!
#94 Posted by Stange88 (70 posts) -

I saw the movie last year, it totally sucks by the way. If u are a tekken fan u will not enjoy it and if just like movies as well dont watch this crap.

#95 Posted by probablytuna (3666 posts) -

I can't believe people actually thought it was a good idea to make this into a movie. I saw the trailer months before and weeks ago I saw a Blu-Ray copy on a local electronics store shelf. Also saw a King of Fighters live action movie that I didn't even know existed.

#96 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

TEKKEN DESTROYS LIVES!

#97 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

When you say major motion picture, it's a bit of a misnomer.

More like a mammary motion picture, right?

...guys?
#98 Posted by Delusibeta (68 posts) -

In the UK, it's already on shop shelves. Not sure if that's a good thing.

#99 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

Hey, you leave the guy who played Shang Tsung alone! He was fucking great in that flick!

#100 Posted by AncientMecha (103 posts) -

WU TANG CLAN AIN'T NUTHIN' TO FUCK WITH~

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.