Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Teleglitch

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 24, 2012

Teleglitch is a roguelike top-down shooter with pixel graphics. The game takes place in a secret corporate research facility on an inhospitable planet far beyond the reach of civilization where something has gone horribly wrong.

Needs some love, great fun

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By STUVNING

I just felt that this game needs some love here on the GB boards. Teleglitch is a fantastic little game that feels like a combination of Binding of Isaac and Crimsonland. The weapons feel really satisfying and are all quite different. I don't think the developer's first language is English so the writing is a bit strange sometimes but its got a creepy touch to it.

The demo is available here: http://teleglitch.com/index.php?page=demothe full game is about $12.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By VisariLoyalist

looking at the video of it, it has some pretty unique looking weapon effects anyhow. Dunno about the gameplay

orlandodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree. I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Granted, I've always been a sucker for rogue likes, but this is great game.

The shooting is a tad wonky in my opinion, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't too bad.

NyxFe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By NyxFe

@orlandodoom said:

The shooting is a tad wonky in my opinion, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't too bad.

To me it feels like the shooting is directed out of one of the character's hands - making it come more from the side of the body than the centre. Took me a while but I got used to compensating for it.

I picked up the game a long time ago but never got far, and have gotten back into it recently. If you have any taste for rogue-like elements it's a ton of fun. The later levels get quite brutal, especially when all you have is like 4 revolver bullets and a bunch of times explosives.

People complain that all their old survival horror games lost ammo scarcity (RE, Deas Space), so this is a perfect game if you've been missing that.

orlandodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By orlandodoom

Actually that's a good way of putting it. I've played about 15 hours in the last few days, and like I said, now that I'm getting a feel for it, its been going well.

I like the look, the mechanics, the feel....I'll definitely be playing this a bunch more.

I've gotten to the 3rd level a handful of times and I always forget about the swarms and end up dying.

As for weapons, any go-to's? The revolver and shotgun seem pretty clutch. The ag-l5 or whatever is good in a pinch, and rocket launchers are always good on a crowd imo.

I do wish there were melee weapons, or have I just not crafted one yet?

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Grabbed this from Desura the other night and I have to say I'm in love! Everything from the story to the minimalist art style really suits the game, but there are some features I'd love to see put into the game to flesh it out a little. End of the day, it's well worth the money!

Haven't made it past level 3 yet. It's pretty damn hard!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.