Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Teleglitch

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 24, 2012

Teleglitch is a roguelike top-down shooter with pixel graphics. The game takes place in a secret corporate research facility on an inhospitable planet far beyond the reach of civilization where something has gone horribly wrong.

Teleglitch thoughts (not a review since I haven't finished it)

Avatar image for deactivated-602ba54a4ae2a
    deactivated-602ba54a4ae2a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Deleted

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I haven't beaten Teleglitch either but, I have the level 7 shortcut unlocked. Its pretty good, reminds me a lot of something like Doom with its huge levels and secrets. I also felt like I "figured out" this game sooner than I did Spelunky.

For one the levels aren't nearly as random. Yea the numbered levels are all different but, certain staples (the big room early on, the tubes later, the hexagon corridors) are attached to a specific level.I think this makes the game a tad bit easier at the expense of less variety. On the other, this clear progression of levels helped me grasped the game quicker. I have a rough guide in my head what items are needed at what time. The detector is the most obvious one and is useful throughout the whole game. The nailgun on the other hand, is very useful early on, but becomes less and less useful when the more armored enemies start showing up. I'm sure there's something similar to that in Spelunky but I haven't played that nearly enough.

And this may seem like an afterthought but he aesthetics to this game are fantastic. The visuals really add a nice claustrophobia to the environments and force behind the weapons.The sound design especially grabbed me. Just being able to hear footsteps around corners and the hums and drones of the corridors, all help establish a great mood. I don't think this is GOTY or anything, but its still a really good game in year full of really good games. Also you can shoot secrets and canned meat boost your health past 100. Those two tips helped me out immensely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.