Telltale Games creating 'Back to the Future' and 'Jurassic Park'

#1 Edited by Metal_Mills (2986 posts) -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100609/ap_on_en_ot/us_games_universal_studios

LOS ANGELES – Telltale Games is going back in time for a new series of video games.

The developer is creating episodic titles based on the "Back to the Future" and "Jurassic Park" franchises. The popular Universal Studios film trilogies spawned several games in their heyday in the '80s and '90s but have been absent from the interactive realm. The as-yet-untitled Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC and Mac games are set to be released this winter.

Holy shit. Telltale? Jurassic Park? Back the Future?! Great scott!
#2 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Can't wait to see MUCFLY!!! and Biff!

#3 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

As long as they're 2d, I'm down.

#4 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Great Scott! Back to the Future could be an AWESOME adventure title. Jurassic Park depends on how serious they make it.

#5 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

Caustiously optimistic about this. Back to the Future anyway. Was never a big Jurassic Park fan.

#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

So its like they have McFly not looking like Fox or they have him looking like Fox but not sounding like him. Either way its weird. But if they can get Chris Loyd I'm totally on board.

#7 Posted by Metal_Mills (2986 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" As long as they're 2d, I'm down. "
I doubt it'll be 2D. All there games are 3D now.
#8 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -
@ryanwho: Honestly, considering he still does a lot of voice work, I could totally see there being a possibility of getting Michael J Fox on board - if they had the budget.  

Either that, or this is the continued adventures of Doc Brown, minus Marty.
#9 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1734 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" As long as they're 2d, I'm down. "
Doubt it, but they should be. I'm not interested in seeing those characters in their mediocore-looking engine.
#10 Posted by Creamypies (4059 posts) -

Fuck yeah! This is fantastic news! I hope they get to use the original soundtracks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.