Anybody else pre-order?

#1 Edited by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

Yesterday, En Masse started letting people pre-order TERA on their site (http://enmassee.com/). Getting a pre-order also means you can play in the 5 closed betas, the open beta (duh), and the head start event, which should give you plenty of time to decide if you'll continue with the game after the first month (which is also included).

I'm kind of psyched for this game mainly because I want more action and "skill" in my MMOs after 5 years of WoW.

So, question to the community, did anybody else pre-order? Still waiting for impressions? There's plenty of youtube clips to show how the game is played and how it runs and I've been impressed with them so far. It is powered by Unreal and looks phenomenal (if you're into that whole Korean art style).

I'd like to also see about getting a guild or something in place for those of us from Giantbomb. A lot easier to enjoy a massive game like this if you've got like-minded folks around.

#2 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 personally.

#3 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Azteck said:

#4 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Yeah pre-ordered, hoping to get into the betas.

Will also try GW2 but more interested in this.

#5 Edited by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

@Vorbis said:

Yeah pre-ordered, hoping to get into the betas.

Will also try GW2 but more interested in this.

Yeah, certainly wasn't asking for exclusivity, lol.

Don't see any reason why trying both would hurt. Especially since Guild Wars 2 isn't a subscription model.

#6 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Pre-order an MMO or pick it up within the first year? Not on your life.

#7 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

Suppose I just have a bit more confidence and disposable income than most >.>...

#8 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

@Azteck said:

#9 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

How can there be five closed betas.

Isn't that just one big closed beta.

#10 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish: Yeah, I wouldn't put it past them that it's all Marketing, but each "Closed Beta" occurs on a weekend instead of one long string of days and there's 5 weekends of that.

#11 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

Didn't know it would give me access to the beta's so now, yes, I will be. Thanks for letting me know!

#12 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -
@ccampb89 Glad to help :)
Also glad that there are some people that aren't just outright dismissing this game. It does look really promising.

First closed beta test is next weekend, Feb 10, and I'm pretty psyched.
#13 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -
@Vorbis Preordering automagically gets you in the betas, so that's good :).

Also, all progress made during the betas will be saved so essentially we are just getting to play the game early for few periods at a time.
#14 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

@Enigmatical: Yeah checked it out, there's also an unrelated "sneak peek" event this weekend, 8 hours a day only though. Had to sign up on some seedy German website but I'm looking forward to getting hands on with it, seems to be EU only for now.

#15 Posted by Makzin (7 posts) -

@Enigmatical said:

@Vorbis Preordering automagically gets you in the betas, so that's good :). Also, all progress made during the betas will be saved so essentially we are just getting to play the game early for few periods at a time.

They're going to wipe the closed beta tests, but the open beta characters will be saved.

#16 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

@Makzin: Ah well... I suppose I can live with that.

#17 Posted by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -

I don't pre-order especially not MMOs where so much is predicated on the activeness of the community. However, I've been very interested in Tera for a long time now and have been watching its Westernization progress as it developed. I want to see how a few of these hold up over time. This goes for The Old Republic, The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 in addition to Tera.

#18 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Beta key: 9CTCWX7PHXE66JJJR3KANKCFL

#19 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

Tomorrow is the start of the first NA Closed Beta. Honestly can't wait, downloaded all 25 GB of the game on my laptop and PC yesterday... took a while.

Got an odd message during the installation process too: "Reliable source serving corrupt data." Interesting.

#20 Posted by Enigmatical (132 posts) -

Spent pretty much an entire Saturday leveling an archer to 15 and enjoyed every minute of it. I tried to just blaze through the content because its a beta and progress doesn't matter, but even when I said, "15 and I'm done," I still wanted to keep playing.

Glad I pre-ordered, looking forward to the next CBT to try out another class.

#21 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

The race that's young girls with short skirts made me loose all interest.

#22 Posted by Oherro (11 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.