Tera E3 Trailer

• 68 results
#51 Posted by Osiris (498 posts) -
@Korne said:
@Styl3s said:

Another MMO destined to get a pop the first year then fall into the F2P section where nobody plays it.

Wake me up when a good MMO releases, AKA the next blizzard MMO.

Don't you know that F2P games usually have a higher player base and make more money? Plus, the next big MMO will be Guild Wars 2.
They said that about Rift. Guild Wars 2 looks awesome and all, but the WoW community is hard to win over. Sure Rift took a nice chunk, but you don't know if GW2 will be as successful as you want it to be, just wait and see. 
#52 Posted by Mr48 (103 posts) -

Sound great when he's describing it, but I'll believe it when I see the implementation. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

#53 Posted by elwillow (69 posts) -

The Political system makes me think of EVE-Online null-sec.

Main difference is this will impact more people than in EVE.

#55 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

MMO? More like Meh Meh O, amiright?

Sorry about that....

#56 Edited by SatelliteOfLove (1369 posts) -

I dunno...still have not been convinced the Risk vs Reward and Punishment vs Clemency balances are well, balanced in this. Plus the whole "play an action game to grind" thing could be mentally tiring for such a rather rote task if it takes a long time. 

Oh yeah, and KOREAN MMO.  Always a danger. Always.

@Hector

said:

No one should have all that power...in an MMO.

PvP-based MMOs and the political maneuvering that entails is a HUGE antidote to the boredom and avarice-enabling that content-driven MMOs seem hell-bent to foster.
#57 Edited by Hector (3356 posts) -

@SatelliteOfLove said:

I dunno...still have not been convinced the Risk vs Reward and Punishment vs Clemency balances are well, balanced in this. Plus the whole "play an action game to grind" thing could be mentally tiring for such a rather rote task if it takes a long time.

Oh yeah, and KOREAN MMO. Always a danger. Always.

@Hector

said:

No one should have all that power...in an MMO.

PvP-based MMOs and the political maneuvering that entails is a HUGE antidote to the boredom and avarice-enabling that content-driven MMOs seem hell-bent to foster.

I was just doing the Kanye West "Power" joke, but I agree with you. I've played a lot of EVE Online and player driven content is way more entertaining and involving than one that isn't.

#58 Posted by FrakesFace (46 posts) -

"First true action-based MMO" is an incorrect statement; see Vindictus.

#59 Posted by Roros (19 posts) -

If you want to get picky about that stuff, you could start pointing at maple story or dragonica, or about a billion other random korean f2p action/arcade mmo's. There's even a vertical scrolling shootemup mmo.

#60 Posted by doe3879 (779 posts) -

youtube'd the game

the lolicon aspec of the game is a little too much

#61 Posted by Tennmuerti (8007 posts) -

"First true Action MMO" you say?

Hmmmm, I think I heard this one before...

#62 Posted by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -

I am really looking forward to this title.  I think it looks pretty cool and it's different than WOW.  People always say they want something different than WOW, so let's see if that's true.  I tend to believe gamers are a bunch of fickle mush-heads (myself included) who only want the appearance of newness.  Anyway, the political system sounds interesting even though I know it's not for me.  It sounds like a lot of work and I am a very casual player in MMOs these days.  Back in WOW, I played everyday.  These days, I'll drop into a F2P for an few hours once a week.  My only real concern with the political system is that it becomes as bothersome as gold-sellers on every corner shouting their deals.  

From what I read online, the reason there was a server merger in Korea after having a very good start was inconsistent content updates.  Korean players got to the end and played the endgame but there weren't (at the time) any more updates and so they went back to playing Aion (which I gather is the Korean equal to WOW).   From what I understand, changes in that area have been made since and by En Masse.

#63 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

"First true Action MMO" you say? Hmmmm, I think I heard this one before...

I enjoy how cynical this industry can be.

#64 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

Sounds like the chat would constantly be filled with 
"VOTE FOR ME I WILL LOWER TAXES PLEASE I WANT RULE I WILL BE GOOD LOLZ"

#65 Posted by Roros (19 posts) -
@theguy said:
Sounds like the chat would constantly be filled with "VOTE FOR ME I WILL LOWER TAXES PLEASE I WANT RULE I WILL BE GOOD LOLZ"
Didn't happen in other games who had this system, don't see why it should happen here.
People usually vote for leaders that are known to lead well, or their clan leader.
#66 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -
@Roros said:
@theguy said:
Sounds like the chat would constantly be filled with "VOTE FOR ME I WILL LOWER TAXES PLEASE I WANT RULE I WILL BE GOOD LOLZ"
Didn't happen in other games who had this system, don't see why it should happen here. People usually vote for leaders that are known to lead well, or their clan leader.
Oh well I don't really play MMO's, I hope it turns out ok then. What other games have this system? Or something similar?
#67 Posted by Nihilius (168 posts) -

One thing.  GW2.

#68 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2377 posts) -

Wonder how the taxes will work. also it doesn't seem friendly to new players who get in later.

#69 Posted by MeatSim (10772 posts) -

Real life politicians should have to fight a dragon if they want to stay in their elected office.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.