Which to get Tera or Diablo 3?

#1 Posted by rzaktoan (3 posts) -

Hello all, been pondering getting a new game for PC and not sure what to get. Currently I play EQ1, DCUO, and a little bit of Torchlight here and there. Looking at Tera it seems to be pretty awesome, however, i travel a lot and was curious if anyone knows if a 3G connection will support Tera at a playable level, ie without too many lag spikes/DC. I loved Diablo 2 and like Torchlight, but I personally tend to enjoy the more social aspects of MMOs. Any thoughts?

#2 Posted by onarum (2016 posts) -

Diablo III

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (8016 posts) -

Too many moving parts in an MMO to work well on that sort of connection. If you really need a lot of social interaction AND don't have many friends playing Diablo III, then I can see a possible argument for Tera. But really, Diablo III.

#4 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Quote tree incoming, take cover. 

#5 Posted by stenchlord (229 posts) -

I'd say go Diablo 3, it's only a matter of time before Tera goes F2P. I can't see Diablo 3 going free to play anytime soon :/

TERA is great fun when you can get together with a bunch of people and I'm still enjoying it (when I get around to playing it) but I don't know how it would run on a 3G connection, I'd wager not well.

#6 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I got both, only played one really though. 130 or so hours in Diablo compared to like 20 in Tera.

#7 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Everquest 2...

#9 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

#10 Posted by wealllikepie (756 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

#11 Posted by slyspider (1155 posts) -

@wealllikepie said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

#12 Edited by Anund (876 posts) -

Tera is the better game and will last you longer unless you don't mind playing through the same content time and time again (I own and have played both games). The only thing Diablo has to keep you hooked is loot lust and that didn't do it for me past the first time through the rather lackluster story.

Not sure how Tera will work with your connection though.

#13 Posted by rzaktoan (3 posts) -

Thanks all for the great responses, you have given me much to ponder :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.