Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terminator Salvation

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 19, 2009

Terminator Salvation is a cover-based third-person shooter that focuses on events leading up to the film by the same name.

Terminator Salvation Hype Thread of Severe Internal Discomfort!!!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

I love The Terminator.  Not in the "I'd fuck his robotic ass hard" way of love.  Terminator has always been something that just makes me go ga-ga at the movie theatres.  While T3 wasn't the greatest flick ever, it was still better than a LOT of the shit out there.  The bitch is that it killed the canon a bit, so my faith needs to be restored.

That's where I think Terminator Salvation is going to make me happy all over again.  You've got a script that was revised by Jonathan Nolan, Christian Bale as John muthafuckin' Connor, and THE SKYNET WAR!!!  What more could one ask for?

So, what about you, Giant Bomb community?  Are you as psyched about this movie as I am?  Here's the most recent trailer in case you don't know what's going on:

A few more interesting things to check out:

Wired interview with McG (text w/ concept art) - this one is an INCREDIBLE read

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Alexander

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187

Thank you much.  I couldn't find a damn embeddable trailer on YouTube to save my life!

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    jakob187 said:
    You've got a script that was revised by Jonathan Nolan, Christian Bale as John muthafuckin' Connor, and THE SKYNET WAR!!!  What more could one ask for?
    Arnold. :(
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By damswedon

wait so they are making a terminator film about the bit that always seemed to the best premise for a film.
    i'm sold

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "jakob187 said:
    You've got a script that was revised by Jonathan Nolan, Christian Bale as John muthafuckin' Connor, and THE SKYNET WAR!!!  What more could one ask for?
    Arnold. :("
    While it is sad...I can deal without him in it.  I kind of like the story they are playing into with this one, so there's not really any room for Arnold.  Plus...remember that Arnold was a Terminator that eventually tried to kill Arnold, but was then captured and reprogrammed by John Connor in order to save himself in Terminator 2.  Therefore, Arnold doesn't necessarily need to show up until about the third movie, since he is sent back in time from the year 2029 (and this movie takes place in 2018).

If the ending truly ends up the way that rumors have it ending up, It will be one of the most heartwrenching endings possible.  That's the thing I'm looking forward to the most.  I think this movie is going to surprise a LOT of naysayers.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "jakob187 said:
    And Michael.

Just wondering, what canon is this film following? The films or the TV series? Since T3, both lines of canon are a bit fucked but I hope it's not the god awful show.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

This new Terminator film makes me... Salivate? Hur hur.

But seriously, I think this is just what the Terminator series needs to be taken seriously again. Personally, I didn't find the third movie to be horrible, but I felt like I had seen it before. The three Terminator films are based on the exact same plot, just played with different actors (And not even that since Arnie was a Terminator in all three). The first one is very underrated because nobody ever talks about it. That first Arnold Terminator is still one of the most badass villains ever in film history. The second one, however, deserves all the praise it gets because it turned that first great action movie into an incredible action and surprisingly in-depth plot with very well done character development. T2 is still one of my favorite action movies. T3 was...meh. Didn't do anything or advance the film as well from the step of T1 to T2. The story screwed up some of the characters (John Conner a pussy? Come on). And it had the least badass Arnold (Gets his ass kicked by a hot Terminator with tits). But I guess the producers thought the whole Terminator with tits thing was a big enough improvment and change from previous Terminators.

This Terminator does exactly what it needs to do by bringing a huge overhaul to the series and putting it in a whole new plot. Now we can see the world we only got short glimpses of in the lasts movies in it's whole glory with uber killer machines in sexy CGI. John Conner isn't a pussy anymore (Because he's played by Mother F'n Batman). I can't really say how the plot of the move will go, but as long as it isn't "Come with me if you want to live. Look at my buldging ass muscles. Get to the Chopper," worn out plot, then I'm hyped.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
    HandsomeDead said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    "jakob187 said:
    And Michael.Just wondering, what canon is this film following? The films or the TV series? Since T3, both lines of canon are a bit fucked but I hope it's not the god awful show."
    Well, I remember seeing an interview with McG where he talked about how T3 and the show don't follow the canon almost at all, and that it worried him about which road to take on telling the story.  In the end, he decided that he would need to find the best middle ground for all of it to end up fitting somehow.  More than likely, though...since rumor has it that he met with James Cameron a couple of times and talked to Arnold about the canon of Terminator, it will be more in line with the first and second movie than the third and the show.

I'll see if I can find the interviews with McG on Collider, as listening to him talk about making the movie makes you gain a TON of respect for the dood.  He KNOWS his shit about making a movie!

Also, FroBro...they fucked up with T3 on a lot of notes (Sarah Connor died of LEU-FUCKING-KEMIA IN 1997?  REALLY?!).  However, I'm curious about this new trilogy, as they could easily play in a good handful of things from that film IF THEY CHOSE TO!  However, again...with the rumors that I've heard about the ending of the movie...I don't think John Connor will be getting killed in 2032.  =  /  Then again, I think McG might've debunked those rumors...which would suck, because it would make the series INCREDIBLE!!!
    Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Eder

I can't bare the sight of Arnold getting destroyed again like in T2. I cry everytime I see that.

And yes I want to see this movie on day 1.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Alexander

T3 was quite a let down other than the fact that arnold was still in it. Machines sent back in time has been played out so I'm really looking forward to the actual machine war itself. Hopefully there is more to be had here than pretty explosions.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

I must admit. even though T3 was all kinds of bad, I did like Nick Stahl as John Connor. It's a shame he's been in pretty much nothing since besides Sin City where you can't even tell it's him.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
    HandsomeDead said:
    "I must admit. even though T3 was all kinds of bad, I did like Nick Stahl as John Connor. It's a shame he's been in pretty much nothing since besides Sin City where you can't even tell it's him."
    That's not true!  He got it on with Bijou Phillips and Rachel Miner in Bully!  = D
    ...okay...so he's done next to nothing.  Honestly, though...he's a REALLY weird dood.

Also, as for this:
    "Hopefully there is more to be had here than pretty explosions."
    I would suggest reading the three interviews I put in the OP.  Those should let you and everyone else know that you will NOT be disappointed.  = D
    Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Duke_Lion

Yeah I saw this trailer when I saw watchmen and I am totally psyched,  I must admit though that I am a little more excited for Star Trek.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
    Duke_Lion said:
    "Star Trek."
    Let's not mention the words of Satan and unholiness in this thread...plox.  It burns my eyes and ears.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.