Anyone pick this up for consoles yet?

#1 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

Just picked it up earlier. Controls definitely are going to take a while to feel comfortable, but the idea of playing with my non-PC friends sounds awesome. Anyone else pick this up and wanna play?

#2 Posted by coyo7e (18 posts) -

It took me an hour or two to get the hang of things but after playing all night with an 8-person xbox live party, I prefer it to the PC version's annoying mouse clicking/dragging over every teeny block.

#3 Posted by living4theday258 (680 posts) -

didnt even know it was out on consoles yet,,,

#4 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@coyo7e said:

It took me an hour or two to get the hang of things but after playing all night with an 8-person xbox live party, I prefer it to the PC version's annoying mouse clicking/dragging over every teeny block.

Agree with ya completely, it's much more convenient to just hold the right stick to the right or wherever you want to get to. This was the main thing that kept me from getting into the PC version.

#5 Edited by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

I loved every bit of the PC version until I got the grappling hook. The hook is soooo much easier on Xbox. Loving this game all over again!

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15090 posts) -

Really? Its not super clunky? I figured it would be a mess control wise. I wanna try it but no demo on PSN apparently.

#7 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

@Demoskinos It is clunky for a little, but once you get used to switching between the two control methods, it is super accessible and awesome!

#8 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Nice, it sounds promising.

#9 Edited by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

I got it earlier today. Have been going solo on a large map while waiting for a friend to pick it up as well. Am very much down to play with some of you folks. I clocked in 163 hours on the Steam version and am now trying my damnedest to get used to the new control scheme.

#10 Edited by BasketSnake (1262 posts) -

What about saving? I guess there' s no dedicated server...

#11 Posted by Blargonaut (153 posts) -

Anyone know if you can play local and online co-op simultaneously?

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3878 posts) -

I'm waiting for the Vita version.

#13 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Picked this up earlier and the controls aren't too bad after getting used to them.

#14 Edited by Sterling (2587 posts) -

I am loving this. But even after spending 3-4 hours playing it tonight on PS3, I still find myself messing up the stick and d-pad in the inventory.

#15 Edited by Creamypies (4088 posts) -

My gamer tag is CrimePays if anyone wants to play. None of my friends picked this up.

#16 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

I'm gonna buy one for VITA when it come out.

#17 Posted by ProfessorEss (7467 posts) -

I would totally get it if there were a way to use my PC saves with the XBLA version.

I'm just too deep to even think about restarting.

#18 Posted by Carlos1408 (1534 posts) -

Hey, I know it's been ages but I got it yesterday if anyone want to play. My gamertag is Alvah Carlos. I don't know anyone else that has it on Xbox and it'd be great to have someone to play with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.