How am I supposed to mine Hellstone?

#1 Posted by Generic_username (629 posts) -

I've got a full set of shadow armor and a full set of meteor armor but everytime I try to mine hellstone, four or five of those freaking fireball rats spawn and kill me after like six seconds. I know my pickaxe can repel the firebalss, but they spawn on both sides. What do they expect me to be able to do..?

#2 Posted by KingRedWing (44 posts) -

Use potions... also, dig down in a hole two blocks wide, they wont spawn down there with you as long as you fill the hole left from anything you mine.

#3 Posted by Mercanis (662 posts) -

I too feel your pain. Hellstone is really hard to get when you're constantly getting mobbed by 4 fire imps and 3 skeletal worms... I can't kill them faster than their spawn rate!

#4 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

The best strat is to ignore them and mine as quickly as possible. Bring 30 potions and a friend if you're playing online.

#5 Posted by Mercanis (662 posts) -

Patched to version 1.05. Now it's relatively quiet in the underworld.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.