Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

I can'r figure out how to do anything. Please help me.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By generic_username

I spent 10 dollars on this game and I can't figure out how to do even the most basic things.. Everytime I attach a torch to something, it's by accident. Evertime I try to place something, I just throw it in front of me, and then I get close to it, and just pick it back up. I have no idea how to actually place things in the world, and it's extremely frustrating. Could somebody help me so that my ten bucks don't go to waste?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

To place something you left click where you want to place it. Q drops items. Talk to the guide as well dude. 

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vision

A good way of knowing if you can, for example, place a torch:

The cursor is context sensitive. If you get close to a wall and move your cursor close to it(While you have a torch in hand) the Torch icon will show up by the cursor.

And like Laughing_Man said, left click to place stuff. Q to drop it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I had similar trouble in the first hour or so. Items can only be placed from your top five or six inventory items and ONLY when the inventory is closed - otherwise you'll just be throwing them and will end up picking them right back up. You can switch out your top five or six items by opening up your inventory, left clicking the items you want to move, and then switch them around. Hope this helps.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By generic_username

Okay, I've got it now. Thank you so much everyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.